Administrative Associate 3
Company: Stanford Medicine
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Stanford University, one of Silicon Valley's largest and most
unique institutions, is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to
provide administrative or operational support with limited
supervision. This position will reside within the School of
Medicine's Department of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
(OHNS). Within a dynamic environment the candidate will anticipate
the needs of Faculty to proactively solve problems and/or
independently handle issues. Candidate may work autonomously and
will have a strong business acumen, excellent writing skills,
ability to multi-task, be extremely organized & detailed,
self-motivated, team oriented, and must hold masterful
communication skills that allow high level interactions within a
diverse academic and medical community. Stanford Otolaryngology -
Head & Neck Surgery (OHNS) has a warm and collegial culture among
our community of Faculty, Residents, Fellows/Instructors,
Researchers, and Administrative Staff. Visit us at:
https://med.stanford.edu/ohns.htm l Duties include:
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair
in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving
problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with
capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or
temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and
prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing
work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review
input. Why Stanford: Imagine a world without search engines or
social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ
transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has
revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting
this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek
talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and
unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds
of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise
facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more! Stanford is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.* - Other duties may also be
assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or
combination of education and relevant experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisions CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES: None.PHYSICAL
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl. * - Consistent with
its obligations under the law, the University will provide
reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who
requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or
her job. WORK STANDARDS (from JDL):
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu . As an
organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has
a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all
university employees, including those working remotely in the
United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about
COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Department URL: http://med.stanford.edu/ohns/
- Requisition ID: 92333 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Newark , Administrative Associate 3, Administration, Clerical , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!