Marketing Strategy and Execution
Company: Beneficial State Bank
Posted on: October 21, 2019
At Beneficial State bank, we are looking for an individual who is a
believer and supporter of enriching our local communities with us
through our triple bottom line approach toward economic justice,
social sustainability and profitability.
We are NOT your usual type of bank; our goal is to change the
banking system for the good for all people! We are a triple bottom
line B Corp who believes in putting our people first, the planet
second, and profit third. We are change-agents and empowerment
enablers to other businesses and nonprofits to become
change-markers in delivering meaningful social justice and
environmental outcome in the communities we serve.
Our Benefits PackageWe focus on team members at Beneficial State
bank. We promote a work-life balance for our employees by offering
a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-wide Incentive and Bonus Programs
Follow Beneficial State bank at the listed sites below for more
information.Bank Website: Beneficial State Bank Impact: Ten-Year
Impact Report: Best for The World:
JOB SUMMARYThis senior role is a balance of strategy, delivery and
leadership, managing campaigns as well as helping evolve the brand.
The VP of Marketing Strategy reports directly to the Chief
Marketing Officer. This leader will engage our business and support
groups, as well as vendor, client and industry partners, to help
define and deliver the future state of the Bank's marketing
- Website optimization, engagement, search, performance, vendor
management, including the program management of the transition to,
and development of, a new engaging digital experience.
- Email program strategy and baseline community development to
support basic email channel list and community management
- Digital signage and statement messaging program management, as
well as development of and execution against other ongoing client
and prospect messaging channels and routines.
- Sponsorship, partner and event planning, promotion,
communications coordination to ensure that we maximize the exposure
for and engagement around our live channel investments.
- Testimonial program management and client communications to
ensure that we enable our clients to speak on our behalf, recognize
them publicly for their good works, and manage their expectations
around testimonial assets in a transparent and disciplined
- Marketing planning, process and internal communications
management to ensure that our partners engage with the department
in a thoughtful and informed way, and to showcase the value that
Marketing brings to the bank.
QUALIFICATIONSThe ideal candidate will have at least 7, and
preferably more than 10, years' experience in a senior position
(AVP, VP, Director, c-suite consultant or equivalent) in various
marketing functions within retail and/or commercial banking.
Candidates should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to identify, build out, deploy and manage marketing
operations processes and activities including intake and pipeline
management, campaign planning and requirements, advertising and
other communications calendars, and program reporting.
- Experience managing complex multi-channel marketing or product
- Direct experience developing and deploying digital experiences,
including designing web sites around user needs, testing site
functionality with live users, user-centered design and online
visitor engagement optimization.
- Comfort with managing an array of vendor relationships through
all stages from RFP to contract negotiations and ongoing delivery
oversight. Vendor experience should include PR, communications,
digital or other technical capabilities, and services
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to formulate
appropriate business questions, recommend types of data to answer
those questions, and manipulate spreadsheets of data using basic
statistical functions in Excel.
- Ability to gather needs and perspectives from multiple
stakeholder groups and reconcile disconnects, misunderstandings and
- Experience planning for, assembling and delivering reports and
presentations to various audiences for both internal alignment and
- Ability to switch rapidly between multiple tasks and projects
in a given day and operate in high-pressure, high visibility
- Ability to craft professional, on-brand communications and copy
based on a business objective and audience.
- Strong project and program management and prioritization
skills, and experience setting up and managing a pipeline of
simultaneous efforts that vary in size, complexity and riskOther
desired qualifications include:
- CMS management, governance and web accessibility
- CRM platform configuration, selection, and/or conversion
- Deep understanding of financial services space, including
regulations, commercial and consumer product offerings, and banking
- Understanding of the unique ecosystem dynamics of nonprofits or
mission driven entities.
- Track record of effectively translating business needs and
objectives into marketing strategies and priorities.
- Understanding of basic business cases and marketing compliance
- Attention to detail for the purposes of reviewing marketing
assets for brand compliance, effectiveness and quality.
- Experience developing and enforcing brand voice and guidelines
for a division or company.
- Understanding of segmentation and marketing research
methodologies and approaches, and experience participating in the
formulation of strategies for segmentation.
- Ability to apply basic agile and UCD methodologies.
- Highly proficient at MS Office suite, social media tools, and
- Master's degree in business or other germane field of
- Certifications in project management, process engineering,
and/or agile methodologies.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short assignment
to showcase their skills around communications and strategic
planning. --- You are welcome here Beneficial State bank. We are an
affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Beneficial State Bank, Newark , Marketing Strategy and Execution, Advertising , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!