Company: Stanford Health Care
Posted on: November 21, 2022
If you're ready to be part of our legacy of hope and innovation,
we encourage you to take the first step and explore our current job
openings. Your best is waiting to be discovered.Day - 08 Hour
(United States of America)This is a Stanford Health Care job.A
Brief OverviewDevelops and executes short-term and long-term
training strategies and plans for physicians, nurses and other
hospital/clinic support personnel in the use of enterprise
information systems for clinical, access and revenue cycle
functions. Provides oversight and direction of the Informatics
Education team including educators, instructional designers,
knowledge management specialists and communications
personnel.LocationsStanford Health CareWhat you will do
- Employees must abide by all Joint Commission requirements
including, but not limited to, sensitivity to cultural diversity,
patient care, patients rights and ethical treatment, safety and
security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork,
respect for others, participation in ongoing education and
training, communication and adherence to safety and quality
programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals,
and licensure and health screenings.
- Analyzes complex informatics problems to extract educational
components and provide direction in prioritization and rapid
implementation of appropriate educational strategies and
- Communicates with end users to understand requirements and
expectations, and manages user expectations and communication
through the training process.
- Develops appropriate schedules and project plans for curriculum
development including multimedia and classroom teaching
- Evaluates organizations training needs and develops appropriate
educational strategies tailored to the needs of diverse
- Facilitates resolution of problems and management of competing
priorities through negotiation and collaborative problem
- Implements and maintains competency/proficiency/satisfaction
assessment metrics and drives performance improvement
- Measures training return on investment (ROI) and helps to pilot
test new training techniques, strategies, tools and processes to
increase training effectiveness.
- Solicits trainee feedback and appropriately adapts training
according to trainee feedback and competency achieved.
- Works closely with physician and nursing leadership, including
office of the CMO and CNO to align educational strategies and
- Works with vendor(s) to align future development, enhancements,
and new products with SHC-specific needs.
- Establishes strategy and specific annual goals of areas of
responsibility including complex multidisciplinary informatics
problems, and organizational training and engagement
- Participates as a member of the Medical Informatics Directors
committee meetings and in other meetings/governance functions as
- Works closely with IT leadership in developing short and
long-range plans, balancing resources, and aligning efforts with
- Serves as a technical expert, resource and consultant in
designing, implementing, evaluating and improving education
programs, processes, activities and materials. Incorporates
technology, digital media and multiple learning modalities.
- Manage the design and maintenance of the user-facing websites
and related technology for engagement, communication and
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an
accredited college or university.Experience Qualifications
- Ten (10) years of directly related experience.Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts in simple
form to cross-functional departments or teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain current knowledge of SHC
training applications and other products in the competitive
- Ability to develop and maintain current knowledge of the SHC
clinical information systems and other products in the competitive
- Demonstrated ability to interact and negotiate with, and
influence organizational leadership and executives .
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and resources
(people, costs, and time) across multiple departments.
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others; mediate and
resolve complex problems and issues.
- Ability to provide leadership and strategic direction for
health care informatics programs, projects and services in support
of the hospital's mission and goals.
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work
results of assigned personnel.
- Knowledge of current theories, principles, practices,
standards, emerging technologies, techniques and approaches in
education, and the health care system, and the responsibility and
accountability for the achievement of competency and
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization,
administration, fiscal and personnel management.
- Knowledge of project management process and systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the
organization including with executives, physicians, nurses, and
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain
and stay abreast of updates and changes.
- Understanding of learning management systems, website
development, eLearning module development, project management,
instructional design principles, and customer service skills.
- Understanding of knowledge management, website development,
streaming media, project management, visual design principles, and
customer service skills.Licenses and Certifications
- NoneThese principles apply to ALL employees:SHC Commitment to
Providing an Exceptional Patient & Family ExperienceStanford Health
Care sets a high standard for delivering value and an exceptional
experience for our patients and families. Candidates for employment
and existing employees must adopt and execute C-I-CARE standards
for all of patients, families and towards each other. C-I-CARE is
the foundation of Stanfords patient-experience and represents a
framework for patient-centered interactions. Simply put, we do what
it takes to enable and empower patients and families to focus on
health, healing and recovery.You will do this by executing against
our three experience pillars, from the patient and familys
- Know Me: Anticipate my needs and status to deliver effective
- Show Me the Way: Guide and prompt my actions to arrive at
better outcomes and better health
- Coordinate for Me: Own the complexity of my care through
coordinationEqual Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC)
strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and
non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including
the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate
against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age,
national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status,
medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or
disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all
genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with
disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified
applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an
individualized assessment of the conviction and the job
Keywords: Stanford Health Care, Newark , DIR-INFORMATICS EDUCATION, Education / Teaching , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!