Director of Powertrain Engineering
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by
creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
industry.We are currently seeking a highly regarded senior leader.
The--Head of Powertrain Engineering--will focus and be responsible
for research, technical leadership and delivery of advanced
propulsion systems. Technology development is your passion along
with leading an outstanding team of engineers, scientists and
prototype technicians. This vigorous role will execute current and
future Powertrain Hardware such as batteries,---packs, ESS,
e-motors,--inverters,--power electronics--and transmissions.
Our ideal candidate will report to the VP of Hardware Engineering.
He/She will exhibit a can-do attitude and approaches his or her
work with vigor and determination. Candidates--are--expected
the--Powertrain--fields, to possess the ability to--lead and
motivate/stimulate a strong team--and to strive for perfection.The
- Lead, Lucid's Powertrain Hardware development and activities
for all systems, batteries,---packs,
ESS,--e-motors,--inverters,--power electronics, transmissions, and
- Manage, mentor--and--build teams,--talent development,
recruiting and retention
- Develop cutting edge technology,--targeting--holistic
efficiency--and--performance--with a--view on PT as a whole and
- Deliver PT systems that achieve highest customer satisfaction
and industry accolades
- Collaborate with other groups to ensure safety, compliance,
cost, efficiency, etc.
- Investment planning for equipment and facilities.
- Key interface with suppliers for current and future programs to
ensure timing, performance and quality are met to guarantee 100%
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Related Fields--
- 12+ years' experience in Automotive Powertrain Hardware
- Proven track record of--excellent management capacity--leading
and developing large, diverse groups of engineers and
scientists--in a fast-paced environment
- Proven, senior level experience in engineering, design and
testing of advanced powertrain systems for production,
understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
Ability to provide direction and resolution to technical
- A broad industry network and proven ability to interface at a
senior / board level with customers and suppliersPreferred Skills /
Experience / Competencies
- Drive for Results:--Drives--for high performance, takes
responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming
obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen:--Contributes--to the company strategy and
aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and
strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity:--Anticipates evolving customer needs and
how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Decision Making:--Makes timely, informed decisions that
consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking:--Gathers--relevant information,
identifies--key issues, compares--data from different sources;
draws--appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate
- Teamwork & Collaboration:--Facilitates Collaboration, actively
engaging--to make joint decisions--and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective:--Conveys an understanding of the
organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities,
and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic
differences into account when making plans and decisions.#ACHPBe
part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. --We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity and expression, marital status, and any other
characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.--
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Director of Powertrain Engineering, Engineering , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!