Posted on: June 22, 2022
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing practical
solutions for manufacturing processes focused on quality, safety,
and efficiency. This professional maintains in-depth knowledge and
understanding of the manufacturing process and procedures from raw
material receipt through finished product/ packaging.
For this position, we won't be offering US Work Visa Sponsorship
now or in the future.
- Work directly with manufacturing in a team environment for
problem-solving, buy-in, and support of new processes
- Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with
Designing team, Production, and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate
variation in manufacturing processes.
- Implement Continuous Improvement principles and tools in the
- Seek out, research, and develop cost analysis, and
justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and
- Evaluate production capacity capabilities of existing
operations and recommend and implement enhancements as needed.
- Work with the ERP systems, evaluating processes, generating
reports, and analyzing for the production.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating
EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks.
- Able to interpret mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical
prints, and ladder logic.
- Develop CAD models and CNC programs to support estimating and
- Understand manufacturing costs and take ownership of
manufacturing cost reduction initiatives
- Perform general calculations and design layouts to ensure
accuracy and compliance with customer specifications.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma tools to reduce waste and variation in
processes focused on improving KPIs.Minimum Experience And
Education Requirements Education
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Mechanical, Industrial,
Packaging, or other related area is required.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in the Manufacturing Industry
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems is preferred
- Spanish is a plusSkills And Competencies
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities;
- Knowledge of product, logistics, and manufacturing
- Process-oriented and able to contribute to continuous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to think strategically and influence others'
- Ability to quickly analyze, identify, and implement
opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have
measurable dollar impact each year.
- Collaborative style and ability to work cross-functionally
Keywords: Nefab, Newark , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!