Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: July 31, 2022
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the
health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above
all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may
not be required to provide original documentation confirming status
as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination
requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer
to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions
requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious
exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an
accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the
subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19
Response team. To all recruitment agencies : Lucid Motors does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers
alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set
out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds
in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Data Science and Machine Learning team at Lucid is on the
mission to design, develop, and deploy AI solutions to help make
safe and sustainable products and services on par with Lucid s
Luxury brand. Data generated by electric vehicles is rich and
diverse and driving insight from it is a very exciting and
challenging task. This opportunity involves creating end-to-end AI
solutions from design and development to delivery of data-driven
services and products utilizing AI, big data, cloud, and edge
Location is flexible on west coast for exceptional
- Work on state-of-the-art large-scale machine learning
- Perform advanced platform research and lead the architecture
design for efficient ML model training and deployment in scale
- Adapt machine learning and data mining algorithms to solve
problems across several teams
- Develop new machine learning models using structured and
- Perform model training, hyper parameter tuning and model
parallelization and distributed training to achieve top performance
for accuracy and latency.
- Perform research and utilize state-of-the-art and best
practices for model compression, quantization and optimization for
- Perform and streamline continuous model performance monitoring
and debugging in production
- Research and develop ML computing paradigm such as in-memory
on-device or in the cloud distributed learning and employ concepts
such as online learning, etc.
- Articulate business questions and use mathematical techniques
to translate ideas to actionable projects to arrive at an
- Partner with internal stakeholders on projects to identify and
articulate opportunities, see beyond the data to identify solutions
that will raise the bar for decision making.
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see
beyond the numbers and understand what can improve our
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize,
frame, and structure complex and ambiguous challenges, where
advanced AI projects or tools can have the biggest impact.
- Bachelor s or advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in computer science
or STEM field.
- 2+ years of deploying machine learning solutions in the cloud
or edge devices.
- Or 4+ years of experience working as Machine learning scientist
or Data Scientist collaborating on implementing end-to-end ML
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such
as python, Java, Scala, C++, C# or including object-oriented
- Proficiency with machine/deep learning frameworks such as
TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, Caffe, MXNet, etc
- Experience in creating production level ML models for training,
validation, and inference leveraging real-time systems
- Experience working with cloud-based accelerated computing,
GPU/TPU, CUDA, parallel computing
- Experience with major cloud computing services for model
training and hyper-parameter tuning
- Experience deploying containers, scaling machine learning
algorithms and monitoring programmatically, using open source ML
platforms or managed services
- Software development skills; unit testing, integration testing,
monitoring and debugging
- Critical Thinking and good communication skills
- Nice to Haves
- Ph.D. or Masters in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations
Research or related field.
- Technical expertise and in-depth knowledge in one or more of
the following areas: Anomaly detection and signal processing,
Advanced machine learning and unsupervised learning, Deep learning,
convolutional neural networks. RNN, LSTM or Machine Vision,
Bayesian inference, Natural Language Processing (NLP), text mining,
sentiment analysis, information retrieval, etc.
- Experience with model compression, quantization and
optimization is a huge plus
- In-depth theoretical knowledge of Statistics, traditional ML,
Deep Learning, CNNs and optimization algorithms.
- Experience with RESTful API design and Web based application
- Experience with analytics and big data tools (Spark, SQL,
Presto, Hive) to create horizontally scalable solutions.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Engineering , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!