Senior Camera Engineer - Autonomous Driving
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: August 3, 2022
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the
health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above
all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may
not be required to provide original documentation confirming status
as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination
requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer
to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions
requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious
exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an
accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the
subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19
Response team. To all recruitment agencies : Lucid Motors does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers
alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set
out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds
in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We currently seek a Camera Technology Specialist for our ADAS /
Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced
professional with a track record of technical excellence in sensor
technologies, sensor integration, and design.
- You Will:
- Evaluate capabilities of state-of-the-art image sensor
- Lead manufacturing partners on camera hardware design
evaluation, prototyping, qualification, and production bring
- Develop camera requirements and specifications for the design,
test, and manufacturing of camera modules
- Define the signals needed to be exchanged between sensors and
other systems in the vehicle
- Be responsible for vehicle level verification, validation, and
tuning of sensor hardware
- Assist in the development of sensor calibration and production
- Interact with cross-functional engineering teams (Product
design, Industrial design, Electrical Engineering, Optical Design)
for camera hardware development and system integration.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams on camera sub-system
validation and testing (including image quality, electrical and
mechanical testing) in both internal Labs and at manufacturing
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems using diagnostic
- Failure analysis and debugging of camera hardware at both
module and product level.
- Ability to design good methodology to identify, reproduce and
fix some complex design problems.
- You Bring:
- 5+ experience in camera hardware development, prototyping,
testing, and lab work to validate imaging components, assembly, and
- Experience in camera module design principles and best
practices with an understanding of image quality fundamentals and
their system drivers.
- Experience designing/performing laboratory experiments for
- Strong knowledge of Electrical / EMC validation testing
- Strong understanding of vehicle communication networks such as
automotive Ethernet, CAN (controller area networks), LIN, etc.
- Experience with collaborative software development and
- Knowledge of sensor calibration and validation methods
- Experience in performing an optical study to determine the
operational capability of different image sensors and lens
- Knowledge of camera-related SerDes architecture.
- Excellent communication skills
- Suppliers and project managing skills
- Knowledge of ANSYS SPEOS or ZEMAX optical simulation
- Familiarity with automotive regulations and functional safety
standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262)
- Experience with Vector tools and applications (CANape,
CANalyzer, CANoe, Vflash) is preferred.
- Education Requirements:
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or
other related fields
- Advanced degrees/ Ph.D. preferred for senior positions
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Senior Camera Engineer - Autonomous Driving, Engineering , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!