Senior Staff Engineer, Over-the-Air Cloud
Company: Lucid Motors USA, Inc.
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds
in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you. We are
seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Staff Software
Engineer specializing in Over-The-Air (OTA) software updates. In
this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and
maintaining robust and efficient OTA systems for our organization.
Collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will ensure seamless
software updates and deployments for our products. If you have a
strong background in software development, expertise in Python and
Golang, and a passion for optimizing performance and scalability in
distributed systems, we encourage you to apply. Role
- Design, develop, and maintain OTA systems to enable efficient
and secure software updates for our products.
- Collaborate with product managers, architects, and other
engineers to understand requirements, propose solutions, and define
technical specifications for OTA implementations.
- Implement and enhance software systems using Python and Golang,
leveraging your production experience with these languages.
- Develop RESTful APIs to facilitate communication between
various components of the OTA infrastructure.
- Work with SQL and/or NoSQL databases to store and retrieve data
related to OTA updates and deployments.
- Utilize AWS services for efficient deployment and management of
- Optimize performance, scalability, and reliability of OTA
systems through careful design and implementation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues related to
OTA updates, ensuring seamless and secure software
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers,
promoting knowledge sharing and continuous learning.Required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Software
- 8+ years related experience in software development, with a
focus on Microservices and Backend Development.
- Strong proficiency in Python and Golang, with a proven track
record of developing and maintaining production-grade
- In-depth knowledge of RESTful API development principles and
- Solid understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, with experience
in designing schemas and writing optimized queries.
- Hands-on experience with AWS services, including but not
limited to EC2, S3, RDS, SNS/SQS.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize
performance and scalability in distributed systems.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies, such as Docker and
- Advanced understanding of data structures and algorithms, with
the ability to apply them to complex engineering challenges.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the
ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to mentor and guide junior engineers, fostering
a culture of continuous learning and improvement.Preferred
- Master's degree in computer science, Software Engineering.
- 3 years related experience.
- Experience with firmware updates, OTA security, and encryption
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and associated tools, such as
Jenkins or GitLab CI/CD. Salary Range: The compensation range for
this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the
range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the
position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are
considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related
knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training;
certifications; and other relevant business and organizational
factors. Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide
range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The
successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's
equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program,
subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity
incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors,
including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations. Notice regarding COVID-19
protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our
employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the
novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based
in the United States may or may not be required to provide original
documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed
inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon
location and position, please refer to the job description for more
details. Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a
medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be
granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to
and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated
Covid-19 Response team. To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors USA, Inc., Newark , Senior Staff Engineer, Over-the-Air Cloud, Engineering , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!