Sr. Validation Engineer, Drive Unit Test and Validation
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Sr. Drive Unit Test and Validation Engineer to
join our world-class team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
- Develop and operate Test Automation Systems for Motor
Dynamometer and other powertrain test setups.
- Support the execution of tests to meet critical timelines in a
very dynamic environment.
- Manage (HALT) Highly Accelerated Life Testing and environmental
testing of EV Drive Units.
- Manage the definition and data analysis from performance and
- Develop and implement standard practices for maintaining
equipment calibration and specifying new test equipment.
- Utilize numerical data analysis tools to interpret test
results. Document results and provide reports.
- Work with data acquisition systems and control systems to
continually improve in-test data recording.
- Coordinate with design engineers to highlight problems and
suggest areas for improvement.
- Develop test plans, procedures, and conduct tests to evaluate
if hardware meets acceptance test criteria. Analyze and review data
to ensure that hardware is operating as expected.
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the
reliability of testing operations. > Qualifications:
- Experience creating and putting into practice statistical
models for predicting product life from limited test sample
- Experience with Software: LabView, and Matlab/Simulink, Process
& Automation tools.
- Basic experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN,
- Hands-on experience with shop tools and machine building.
- Experience with taking products through development cycle to
full volume production including writing and executing DVP & Rs
(Design Verification Plan and Reports).
- Track record of getting amazing products to market on time with
- 4 years minimum design and/or test experience.
- Design expertise for manufacturing (DFM) and failure mode and
effect analysis (FMEA)
- Great communication skills for relaying data (verbal and
written) between other employees and customers. > Preferred:
- Experience interpreting CMM results
- Expertise in using Catia V6
- Experience with electric vehicle drivetrains
- Experience with automotive regulatory, environmental,
reliability, and safety requirements is a plus. SAE, IEC, ISO,
- Experience with electric vehicles and/or automotive products a
plus. > Education:
- Bachelor Degree required in Electrical, Automotive, Computer or
Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific
to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and
in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account
the wide variety of factors that are considered in making
compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset;
experience, education and training; certifications; and other
relevant business and organizational factors.
---California (Bay Area) - $115,000-$165,000/yr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of
competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful
candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity
program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to
the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without
limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy
Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our
California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Validation Engineer, Drive Unit Test and Validation, Engineering , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!