Supplier Technical Manager, Battery Cell Engineering
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of
mobility.We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.Come work alongside some of the most
accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive
salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to
make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to
create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right
place for you.
The Battery Cell Engineering Team is currently seeking great
candidates to be the technical relationship manager with one or
several third party cell supplier(s). This role will be highly
cross-functional in nature, representing the efforts and needs of
the battery cell team both externally as well as internally with
groups like Supply Chain, Safety, Manufacturing and High Voltage. A
successful candidate should be equipped with both technical and
project management skills related to li-ion cell engineering.The
- Be the technical representative of the company in outgoing
- Lead engineering discussions with external cell suppliers
regarding technical topics to achieve company goals.
- Manage respective external project timing, priorities, and
- Collaborate closely internally and externally to ensure
informational flow between stakeholders.
- Proactive in communicating with suppliers regarding new
technology development status and outlook.
- Negotiate mutual agreement between Lucid and cell supplier(s)
on cell specifications and technical performance
- Some level of domestic and international travel is required
- Minimum 3 years experience working in renewables/energy
- Working knowledge of lithium-ion battery chemistry and/or
mechanical design and technology.
- Experience in lithium-ion battery related processes and
- Proficient in technical project management tools and
- A good overall knowledge of battery cell industry and
- Have industry experience working directly with cell
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced start-up like
- Involved in full product development cycle of battery related
- Industry experience with integrating cylindrical lithium-ion
batteries into large energy storage systems such as EV and
- Working experience in electric vehicle field is a plus.
- Experience working with Asia-based international cell
- MS degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemistry,
or Materials Engineering, or equivalent degree or equivalent work
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of
gainful employment within the United StatesAt Lucid, we prioritize
the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends
above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the
increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must
provide original documentation confirming status as having received
the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's
guidelines on their first day of employment.Individuals seeking a
medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be
granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to
and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated
Covid-19 Response team.To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Supplier Technical Manager, Battery Cell Engineering, Executive , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!