Information Security Manager
Company: Ultima Genomics
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Rapidly growing life sciences technology company Ultima Genomics
is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking
genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the
scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in
biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a
foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes
limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are
well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global
top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse
expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life
sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We
are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including
successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software
engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and
computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and
operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and
commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at
scale and empower the future of human health. - We are looking for
an Information Security Manager to join our team! The InfoSec
Manager is a hands-on leadership role responsible for building and
maintaining a mature security program. You will partner with teams
across the company to enhance the security posture and reduce the
overall risk profile of the organization, and to ensure that
security is embedded into business and R&D processes. - This
position is full-time and based in Newark, CA. How You'll
- Lead the development, enhancement and execution of a
comprehensive information security program for the company.
- Define and implement security policies, controls, and
- Drive the evaluation and implementation of security tools and
projects in collaboration with IT engineering and operations
- Monitor for emerging security threats, provide analysis, and
continuously align roadmap with the business to mitigate security
- Conduct periodic security audit and penetration testing.
- Ensure that data is processed and stored in accordance with
applicable laws and regulations.
- Lead and coordinate incident response, analysis, remediation,
- Manage security services providers.
- Develop awareness programs and provide information security
training to employees.
- Available for off-hour emergency escalations. Qualifications,
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security or
a related discipline.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Information Security with at
least 3 years in a management role.
- Solid understanding of security frameworks, such as NIST
Cybersecurity Framework, COBIT, and CIS Controls.
- Experience in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM),
vulnerability management, endpoint security, email security, and
- Experience in securing cloud environments, including AWS and
- Strong background in data privacy and Data Loss Prevention
- Experience with risk management methodologies, threat modeling,
and vulnerability assessment.
- Operational experience with security event and incident
- Strong project management skills with experience managing
complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- CISSP, CISM, or other industry-recognized security
- Experience with regulatory compliance and NIST/ISO standards,
such as HIPAA, GDPR, and ISO 27001.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to concisely explain technical concepts to business
leaders. Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal
employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or
veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by
applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics' EEO Policy and EEO is
the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires
accommodation, please let us know by contacting
Keywords: Ultima Genomics, Newark , Information Security Manager, Executive , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!