SR Director, Property Management
Company: BioMed Realty
Posted on: March 8, 2023
DescriptionWe are seeking a Senior Director of Property
Management for our Bay Area region who will oversee and coordinate
the operational activities for a portfolio of company properties.
The successful candidate will collaborate with Facilities, Leasing,
Development and third-party vendors to manage and maintain
high-quality office and lab environments. They will also be able to
quickly develop and maintain a productive working relationship with
a sophisticated tenant base.
Operations and Tenant Relations:
- Manages Property Management staff who are responsible for
ongoing, day-to-day property management, which includes interfacing
and managing relationships with: tenants; prospective tenants and
brokers for leases; vendors and staff for property maintenance,
safety and building infrastructure and tenant improvements; local
jurisdictions and community constituents.
- Oversees Property Management pertaining to operational issues,
including contracts, vendors, suppliers, maintenance issues and
- Conducts site inspections to assess the physical conditions of
the asset, evaluates on-site personnel, monitors competition and
market conditions and develops and implements action
- In the performing aforementioned duties, collaborates with
Facilities Management on all building mechanical systems and
- Coordinates and communicates with all corporate line and staff
- Oversees and participates in the budget process for Real Estate
Operations and shares responsibility for the overall financial
performance and ongoing property performance of assigned real
- Reviews and analyzes property operational and financial reports
to ensure P&L performance, revenue growth and expense
- Oversees the preparation of various reports summarizing the
financial, operating and capital, leasing and marketing activity
for each property for internal and external distribution.
- Reviews, approves and monitors all financial information
including operating and capital budgets, monthly financial
statements, and the results of leasing and construction
- Identifies and implements opportunities in the portfolio to
maximize value and enhance the performance of the
- Oversees and participates in the development and implementation
of detailed value added strategies to maximize net operating
income, distributable cash flow, appraised value and market
- Has key involvement in due diligence process for new
- Interfaces with Acquisitions Management team in planning
portfolio growth opportunities.
- Participates in due diligence for pending acquisitions
including lease abstract reviews, evaluation of market rents,
development of pro-forma cash flow projections, conducting market
analysis, reviewing environmental, engineering and appraisal
reports, and verification of historical financial
- Participates in the technical review of assets, conducts
inspections and walk-throughs, and provides comprehensive and
detailed assessment of asset--existing conditions and required
- Helps define site and building requirements for current or
- Supervises Property Management staff.
- Recommends performance standards, training and performance
development, compensation and job-level changes and evaluates
actual performance of staff.
- Supervises Property Management staff in creating effective
communications and collaboration with other company
- Supervises and participates in development and revisions to
implementation of agreed policies and standard operating procedures
within the Operations group.
- BA/BS in business, economics, or related field
- MBA desirable.
- Certification in asset or property management a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive real estate asset management
- Experience in a management position with life science and/or
laboratory facilities properties preferred.
- Must possess a track record of success in real estate
operations management, tenant and vendor relations, property and
building maintenance, planning and budgeting.
- Experience should also include performing due diligence in the
sale or acquisition process.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles
and the ability to forecast and prepare budgets and reports
summarizing the financial, operating, capital, leasing and vacancy
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working
relationships with regulatory agencies, vendors, contractors and
- Requires a working knowledge of lease administration, real
estate law and the ability to accurately interpret terms and
conditions of contracts, proposals, and leases and interface
effectively with tenants and vendors to facilitate conformance,
schedules, improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations and to present
alternative solutions, cost/benefit analyses and
- Computer literate including proficiency with Excel, Word,
Outlook and MRI.
- Experience with project management software/tools helpful.
Salary Range: $197,000 - $246,000 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job
requisition. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider
location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior
to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an
approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources
to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future,
and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty
continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be
their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty's competitive benefits
offerings and various training and development opportunities, we
have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long
- Company sponsored Exercise Classes Through Zoom
- Onsite Gym
- Complimentary Snacks, Fresh Fruit, Cold Brew Coffee, Kombucha
and Soda Provided
- Dry Cleaning Services Onsite
*Amenities vary by location.
About the company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading
provider of real estate solutions to the life science and
technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life
science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet
concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United
States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San
Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In
addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development
platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in
active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future
development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the
growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment
decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements
and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age,
religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin,
pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected
characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable
accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the
application process, please email .
Keywords: BioMed Realty, Newark , SR Director, Property Management, Executive , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...