Associate Director/Director, Manufacturing
Company: Cymabay Therapeutics Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Associate Director/Director, Manufacturing As a critical member
of the Manufacturing & Supply Chain Operations team, the incumbent
will be responsible for overseeing and managing the manufacturing
of commercial products for CymaBay. The position calls for a
personable professional who possesses a high degree of integrity.
This position will be responsible for managing activities related
to the GMP production of commercial materials produced at contract
manufacturing organizations (CMO) for the Company's programs. This
role will manage scopes of work at the CMO(s) and act as primary
contact with the CMOs. This individual contributor role will also
be responsible for working with internal and CMO staff for the
oversight and coordination of activities related to scheduling,
manufacturing, quality, finances, supply chain and regulatory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the planning and execution of production
planning, commercial packaging, serialization, and 3PL
- Responsible for day-to-day interaction with Contract
Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs).
- Identifies Supply Chain risks and develops risk mitigation
- Responsible for the management of an internal GMP inventory
- Responsible for partnering with other Commercial Functions
(Quality, Regulatory, Finance, IT, etc.).
- Manages Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process for
- May require travel up to 15% of the time. MINIMUM
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
and a BS or BA OR 4+ years of relevant experience and an advanced
science degree such as MS, PhD or an advanced business degree such
as an MBA.
- Prior experience in Drug Substance and/or Drug Product
manufacturing, MSAT, and QA is preferred.
- Prior experience with commercial supply chains and S&OP is
- Demonstrates a commitment to compliance and a thorough
knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Proven track record of managing CMO GMP production operations
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of industry best practice and
- Strong experience in strategic management, planning and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the
ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with a high attention to
- Ability to work well in a team environment. The anticipated
salary range for candidates who will work in Newark, California is
$170,000 - $180,000 for Associate Director level and $205,000 -
$220,000 for Director level. The final salary offered to a
successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may
include but are not limited to the type and length of experience
within the job, type, and length of experience within the industry,
education, etc. CymaBay is a multi-state employer, and this salary
range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
Keywords: Cymabay Therapeutics Inc., Newark , Associate Director/Director, Manufacturing, Executive , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!