District Manager in Training
Company: Extra Space Storage
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Why Join Us?
Do you enjoy hiring and developing a phenomenal team? Are you
passionate about taking care of customers? You will love our fun
and dynamic company culture without the retail hours! We want a
high-energy and creative leader that brings awesome multi-unit
skills and is ready to join our fast-growing Extra Space family.
Since 2016 we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the
self-storage industry in more ways than one. By developing and
guiding your talented team members across multiple stores, you will
be able to meet the needs of our customers and impact growth across
Extra Space Storage. As a District Manager in Training, you will
start learning the business and meeting the needs of our customers.
As you progress in your training, you will have the opportunity to
grow into a District Manager role where you will guide your
talented team members across multiple stores and impact growth.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO
of Extra Space Storage.
* Willingness and ability to relocate to an assigned district upon
completion of training.
3+ years of store and/or multi-unit operations experience in one or
more of the following: retail, restaurant, hotel, leasing, rental,
or other customer service operation. Exceptional leadership,
interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. Bachelor's
* Passion for hiring, developing, and retaining top talent to
deliver legendary customer experiences.
* Solicits customer feedback and follows up on customer service
* Partner effectively with team members and other leaders to
achieve goals and successfully implement business initiatives.
Serve as a resource to provide expertise on various operational and
* Learn about the market(s) in which you work and train in by
developing district-level strategies to achieve goals specific to
each store's unique strengths and opportunities.
Essential Duties / Skills to Learn as a DMIT
* Management of rental rates, discounts, Customer Protection Plan
and other income sources.
* Watch controllable expenses to provide the highest R.O.I. for
* Performs semi-annual audits and facility checklists, submits
findings to division office and ensures follow up on any necessary
* Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial
reports / P&L; addresses trends and issues in district
* Access external resources to support district-wide operations and
to execute district and regional initiatives such as human
resources, revenue management, procurement, finance, and
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the
"Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Keywords: Extra Space Storage, Newark , District Manager in Training, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!