Retail Customer Experience Associate, Newpark - Full Time
Posted on: January 16, 2023
As a Customer Experience Colleague (CXC), you will prioritize the
customer experience by selling to our customers in the moment to
service their needs. You will drive enterprise wide cross-category
selling across multiple selling platforms to deliver sales goals
and achieve sales growth. This position exemplifies the Own Your
Style service model throughout the store. You will enhance the
shopping experience by providing personalized service in all
departments. This role requires a can-do attitude that goes above
and beyond and has a personable and efficient approach when
servicing the customer. You will collaborate and build great
partnerships with peers, especially with At Your Service
colleagues. and connect your customer to a Personal Stylist when
- Ensure the customer is the top priority by actively attending
to the needs of the customer, whether or not it culminates in a
- Role model the Own Your Style service model (We Connect, We
Inspire, We Deliver) throughout the store, going above and beyond
to service customers and support colleagues.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by selling
merchandise and meeting any need our customer may have whether its
in-store or through virtual selling.
- Leverage product knowledge and digital resources (product
descriptions, customer reviews, etc.) to increase sales by
educating and assisting the customer and expanding their
merchandise options to enable the best choices.
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships throughout the
store in order to problem solve and create the best possible
outcome for the customer.
- Leverage Product and vendor information to sell by sharing
trends and styles in various departments.
- Assist the customer in making the best product choices focusing
on size and fit in apparel areas. Communicate and provide customer
feedback daily with Customer Experience Manager, in order to create
a better customer experience.
- Promote your services by leveraging company social media assets
to engage with customers.
- Demonstrate a professional, can-do attitude.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards: deliver a clean,
neat and easy-to-shop environment. Be proficient in POS and MPOS
systems including Search and Send, MyClient, Salesfloor and MSA
- Understand the promotional calendar and utilize it for the
purpose of driving sales.
- Ensure shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Perform other customer-facing duties, as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum 1 year previous Selling or retail experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to
customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, and
calculating percentages; ability to use calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team,
ability to prioritize tasks and must have good time management
skills; ability to build relationships and convert customers
clients. Understanding of technology and proficiency in POS,
computers, tablets, smart phones, work-associated apps, and social
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color
vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.
Keywords: Macy's, Newark , Retail Customer Experience Associate, Newpark - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!