Java Software Engineer
Posted on: January 11, 2022
RMS looking for a Software Engineer to be part of a team
responsible for designing and developing the critical business
applications in the Core Products suite. The Software Development
group focuses on developing and building cutting edge,
high-performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk
quantification tools to our 400+ clients worldwide.
Description:You will use best-of-breed technology from both
established vendors such as Oracle Java as well as open source
technology. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity
to play a key role in designing, developing, and innovating
together as you bring your considerable software engineering skills
to our dynamically growing organization.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance risk analytics,
enterprise application designs, and software infrastructure using
object-oriented design and analysis, using Java.
- Build a REST API service layer for the new generation of
- Utilize modularity and layering to enable high scalability and
maintainability for software applications.
- Write high-performance computer algorithms and software code
for Risk Analytics suite of applications.
- Create software design documents, architecture, sequence, class
and related artifacts.
- Translate design inputs into development work items. Assist in
providing estimates for levels of effort required to accomplish
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, Product/Project Managers and
Quality Assurance engineers to develop multi-tier, multi-layered
application layer framework and functional components, following
coding, documentation and design standards.
- Research new technologies and techniques to support
leading-edge development. Mentor junior team members on technical
- Provide an active contribution to the team responsible for the
design, development, and implementation of critical enterprise
scale applications.Required experience and skills:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5
years of professional experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in object-oriented design,
data structures, design patterns, algorithms, and programming
skills using Java/C# or C++
- Ability to build fast, reliable, scalable, highly available,
services and software components
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality code and experience
with source control systems like Git/Bitbucket
- Past experience with Agile methodology
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience with Databases
Keywords: RMS, Newark , Java Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!