West Coast, US Technical Business Development Professional
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At ATUM we are industrializing biotechnology from Genes to
Proteins to Cell Lines. ATUM's tools and solutions are fueling the
transformation of biology from a discovery science to a sustainable
engineering discipline. By collaborating with our clients, ATUM
develops innovative technologies and services to accelerate
breakthroughs and move research & development further faster. Our
focus on scientist-to-scientist problem solving creates long term
partnerships with our clients. For 18 years we have been at the
intersection of synthetic biology and machine learning and its
application across a multitude of industries from pharmaceuticals
to biocatalysis to food.
The successful candidate will be working closely with our
California headquarter to increase our market presence and brand
awareness within the specified geography. This will be accomplished
through the management and support of our existing accounts to
ensure customer success through direct client relationship
management as well as internal client advocacy. The position is
also directly accountable for prospecting, building, and nurturing
new customers and transitioning them to long term relationships,
primarily in Biologics based therapeutics.
Our entire customer support team (including Business Development,
Technical Leads and Operations) work closely together and rely
heavily on deep technical understanding to support our new and
existing customers so that we can efficiently address their
scientific needs and craft innovative and efficient solutions to
our customers problems. This team-oriented process requires a
proactive Business Development professional function to connect and
build strong relationships with our clients by utilizing a deep
understanding of the fundamental scientific principles and
As an employee-owned company, we believe each unique individuals
contribution complements the overall strata of what makes us
successful. Achievements are measured in long-term results and
relationships built over the daily efforts of our dedicated team
members. We are looking to add likeminded individuals who are
passionate about their clients success and the science we use to
enable that success.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and or business development
within the biotech industry, preferably in protein sciences and/or
- Preferred MS or PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Protein
Chemistry, or closely related field
- Background in Cell Line Development and/or Protein Engineering
- Passionate about science and scientific innovation.
- Passionate about client success & advocacy
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to learn and communicate
technical/scientific knowledge to other scientists.
- Independent, driven and highly self-motivated with a
- Excel at time management and personal organization
- Able to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment
- Strong and growing network within the biotechnology
Ability to travel on a routine bases in including trips to ATUM
headquarters in California, frequent client meetings, and trade
shows in the US is required for this position.
- Be part of the next gen biotech revolution
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Free catered lunch (everyday)
- Excellent benefit package, PTO, Holidays, and more!
- 401(k) & Safe Harbor plan
We encourage qualified veterans to apply.
Phone calls not accepted.
Keywords: Atum, Newark , West Coast, US Technical Business Development Professional, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!