Sr. Automotive Software Test and Validation Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
-We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. -Come work alongside some of the most accomplished
minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.We are
currently seeking an Automotive SW Test and Validation Engineer.
-This position requires an experienced professional to Work with
integration engineers to identify, generate and implement test
cases and validation criteria for a system under test. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
fast-paced environment.The Role
- Work with integration engineers to identify, generate and
implement test cases and validation criteria for a system under
- Work with Test managers to configure test setups and test runs
according to the test plan
- Work with integration to design and build test benches to test
and validate -and -high voltage and low voltage systems.
- Help identify gaps in requirements and work with the relevant
engineers to update the requirement documents accordingly.
- Work with functional safety engineers to develop test cases and
validation criteria to satisfy Functional Safety requirements as
per ISO 26262.
- Work with the relevant engineers to meet diagnostic coverage
- Troubleshoot various systems and ECUs using lab and measurement
equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters as
well as tools such as Vector CANoe, CANalyzer etc.
- Develop test automation, automate test tools, generate and
improve automation scripts.
- Run tests at various levels of integration, document and report
- Document and track issues as appropriate and participate in
triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause
identification and resolution
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort
to bring electric vehicles to a new level of
- 1+ years of automotive testing experience.
- Moderate knowledge of Python/Perl/CAPL scripting language.
- Hands-on skills to design, build and bring up test
- Knowledge and experience with automotive communication
protocols such as CAN, LIN, UDS and related tools to measure and
command signals, though scripting or otherwise.
- Strong knowledge of EV vehicle operation.
- Knowledge of FMVSS and SAE standards and practices.
- Strong knowledge of Vector CAN and Diagnostic analysis
- Bachelor of Science (Master of Science preferred), in the areas
of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer
Science, or other related fields.At Lucid, we don't just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity and expression, marital status, and any other
characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of
gainful employment within the United StatesAt Lucid, we prioritize
the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends
above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the
increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must
provide original documentation confirming status as having received
the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's
guidelines on their first day of employment. -Individuals seeking a
medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be
granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to
and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated
Covid-19 Response team. -To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. -
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Automotive Software Test and Validation Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!