Sr. Embedded Test Engineer, Platform Software
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of
mobility.We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.Come work alongside some of the most
accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive
salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to
make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to
create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right
place for you.
We are currently seeking a Senior Embedded Test Engineer, Platform
Software. This position requires an experienced professional with
an embedded software or firmware development background and
testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work with other Platform engineers to identify, create and
implement test cases and validation criteria for Platform level
features of an ECU.
- Design and build test benches for the automated testing of
diagnostic functionality of an ECU, ECU communication and automated
testing of the bootloader.
- Schedule test runs according to the release schedule of the
software, document and report test results
- Create test tools for automation, create and improve automation
- Document and track issues as appropriate and participate in
triaging of issues with team members to drive towards root cause
identification and resolution.
- Define and identify the gaps in the process for test and
validation of Platform level features of an ECU and work with the
Platform software engineers to update the requirement
- Work with functional safety engineers to develop test cases and
validation criteria to satisfy Functional Safety requirements as
per ISO 26262.
- Work with the relevant engineers to meet diagnostic coverage
- Troubleshoot and debug various systems and ECUs using lab and
measurement equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes,
multimeters as well as tools such as debuggers, Vector CANoe,
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort
to bring electric vehicles to a new level of
- Strong knowledge of Vector CANoe and Diagnostic analysis
- Moderate knowledge of Python/CAPL scripting language.
- Hands-on skills to design, build and bring up test
- Experience working with ECUs and troubleshooting hardware and
- Knowledge and experience with automotive communication
protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, LIN, UDS and related tools to
measure and command signals, through scripting or otherwise.
- Strong knowledge of EV vehicle operation.
- Experience with scripting tools and methods to optimize SW
development and testing activitiesEducation Requirements:
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer
engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields
- MS preferred
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of
gainful employment within the United StatesAt Lucid, we prioritize
the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends
above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the
increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must
provide original documentation confirming status as having received
the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's
guidelines on their first day of employment.Individuals seeking a
medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be
granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to
and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated
Covid-19 Response team.To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Embedded Test Engineer, Platform Software, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!