Sr. Embedded Test Engineer, Platform Software
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: August 1, 2022
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the
health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above
all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may
not be required to provide original documentation confirming status
as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination
requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer
to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions
requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious
exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an
accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the
subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19
Response team. To all recruitment agencies : Lucid Motors does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers
alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set
out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds
in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Senior Embedded Test Engineer, Platform
Software. This position requires an experienced professional with
an embedded software or firmware development background and
testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- The Role
- Work with other Platform engineers to identify, create and
implement test cases and validation criteria for Platform level
features of an ECU.
- Design and build test benches for the automated testing of
diagnostic functionality of an ECU, ECU communication and automated
testing of the bootloader.
- Schedule test runs according to the release schedule of the
software, document and report test results
- Create test tools for automation, create and improve automation
- Document and track issues as appropriate and participate in
triaging of issues with team members to drive towards root cause
identification and resolution.
- Define and identify the gaps in the process for test and
validation of Platform level features of an ECU and work with the
Platform software engineers to update the requirement
- Work with functional safety engineers to develop test cases and
validation criteria to satisfy Functional Safety requirements as
per ISO 26262.
- Work with the relevant engineers to meet diagnostic coverage
- Troubleshoot and debug various systems and ECUs using lab and
measurement equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes,
multimeters as well as tools such as debuggers, Vector CANoe,
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort
to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement.
- Strong knowledge of Vector CANoe and Diagnostic analysis
- Moderate knowledge of Python/CAPL scripting language.
- Hands-on skills to design, build and bring up test
- Experience working with ECUs and troubleshooting hardware and
- Knowledge and experience with automotive communication
protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, LIN, UDS and related tools to
measure and command signals, through scripting or otherwise.
- Strong knowledge of EV vehicle operation.
- Experience with scripting tools and methods to optimize SW
development and testing activities
- Education Requirements:
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer
engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields
- MS preferred
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Embedded Test Engineer, Platform Software, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!