Operations Support Specialist
Company: Sanmina SCI
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Category (For Job Seekers) Manufacturing/Operations Location
13571 - EMS Newark CA USA - Newark, CA 94560 US (Primary) Job
Description Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading
integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the
fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing
Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina
Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions delivering
superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers
(OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and
aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical,
multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology
sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located
in key regions throughout the world. Specializing in precision
machining and metal fabrication, our Sanmina Newark, California
facility has 15 years of experience in both precision and large
format solutions for industrial, semiconductor, clean technology,
and oil & gas markets. We provide comprehensive engineering and
test capabilities: from in-house and hydrostatic leak-testing of
medium and large format vacuum chambers to machining of precision
stainless steel mechanisms. We have the capacity to machine
components up to 3 meters. Our metal fabrication services include
grinding, vacuum welding, heat treating, plating, and anodizing. We
can process many advanced materials, including aluminum, stainless
steel, plastics, ferrous-nonferrous, and other exotic alloys. Job
Purpose: As an Operations Support Specialist you would oversee the
master scheduling and reporting planning process for all customers
at the site; provides leadership for daily production control,
production readiness decisions, interfaces across business
departments and with customers to compile, develop, validate, and
communicate production/shipments plans that support overall
business goals. Provides support to assigned Operations team(s)
which may include monitoring individual and overall line group call
statistics, proxy, tracking production, and performing a wide
variety of reporting in a timely and accurate manner ensuring
adherence to company policies and procedures while adhering to
deadlines. Nature of Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and accurately maintaining
integrated master/sub-project schedules, ensuring schedule logic is
maintained (horizontal & vertical), coordinating work activities
with project team members, progressing schedules, and assisting in
identifying and resolving schedule conflicts.
- Conducts detailed analysis of major production issues as well
as key intermediate milestones and in addition, will coordinate
with Suppliers to collect and deliver current progress information
in order to provide status updates to the Operations Manager of the
- Interprets the status of potential schedule impacts and
communicates said impacts to control account/controller/program
manager and team leadership.
- Ensures robust Demand-Supply processes are in place, inventory,
and observed to meet customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Ensures the production plan supports the financial and
- Actively identifies and implements system and process
improvements within the supply chain
- Follows and enhances supply programs to meet/exceed customer
requirements, and to improve current levels of Inventory
- Develops and maintains master production schedules.
- Reviews and updates production schedules and material
requirements, including sub-contracted machining.
- Understands contractual agreements and manage supply for the
different customer programs avoiding liability for the Site.
- Identifies capacity constraints and work with the Operations
and planning teams to re-balance load and identify areas where
additional installed capacity is needed.
- Supports new product introductions and prototype builds.
- Works proactively with other functional areas for Engineering
- Reviews material shortages, stock outages, safety stock levels,
and determine optimal planning parameters to support customer
requirements while maximizing operational efficiency.
- Tracks and monitors revenue attainment, and risk to the
- Adheres to company policies and Corporate Business Controls
- May assist with coordinating and scheduling any needed
supplemental training for staff.
- Prepares and distributes daily-weekly and monthly production
reports in a timely manner, ensuring all appropriate parties
receive the reports.
- Reviews all reporting information compiled for accuracy prior
- Participates and oversees activities associated with a variety
of departmental projects as assigned ensuring deadlines and
projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other Related Duties Education & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of production planning/scheduling experience
preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- BS Degree. MBA is advantageous
- Competent planning and financial capabilities and strong
- Must be a hands-on type of individual, comfortable with the
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and
- Microsoft Office experience with strong proficiency in
- Oracle experience is a plus This is an ITAR facility and the
applicant must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: Sanmina SCI, Newark , Operations Support Specialist, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!