Mapping and Localization Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: May 30, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a
Mapping and Localization Engineer for our ADAS / Autonomous Driving
team. This position requires an excellent professional with a
strong programming skills and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art
mapping and localization algorithms.
- Work in a world-class Autonomous Driving and ADAS team
- Design of the mapping and localization software architecture
for Lv. 2/3/4 autonomous driving systems
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting
edge mapping and localization software stack into the Lucid
- Implement high-quality automotive grade software code compliant
to automotive quality and safety standards
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams to ensure a
seamless and robust implementation and deployment of localization
and mapping products for ADAS
- Support the Software validation and verification of the mapping
and localization algorithms using prototype vehicles,
- Enhance and improve the existing s/w stack for the autonomous
driving system • Design and develop a cutting-edge s/w algorithm
for the future autonomous driving systems
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or other related
- Academic or industry experience in one or more of the following
areas related to mapping and localization: state estimation,
probabilistic filtering, SLAM, LIDAR based localization, 3D
reconstruction, computer vision.
- Proficient in C++ with 2+ years of working experience. In-depth
knowledge in object-oriented programming, algorithms, data
structures, and software design skills.
- A solid foundation in math and robotics to propose creative
solutions for autonomous systems.
- Solid knowledge or experiences in key areas of Kalman filters,
SLAM, sensor fusion, and inertial navigation • Excellent
communication skills and teamwork skills
- Experience working with cameras, radars, LiDAR, GPS/IMU and
in-depth knowledge for related data processing & sensor fusion
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and
verification on system and vehicle level
- Experience in working in agile development teams
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Mapping and Localization Engineer, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!