Sr. Mapping and Localization Engineer - ADAS/AD
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: May 30, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Mapping and Localization
Engineer for our ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. This position
requires an excellent professional with a strong programming skills
and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art mapping and localization
- Work in a world-class Autonomous Driving and ADAS team
- Design mapping and localization software architecture for Lv.
2/3/4 autonomous driving systems
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting
edge mapping and localization software stack into the Lucid
- Implement Safety Critical software compliant with automotive
quality and safety standards
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a seamless and robust
implementation and deployment of localization and mapping products
- Support the production validation and verification of the
mapping and localization algorithms using prototype vehicles,
- Enhance and improve the existing s/w stacks of the autonomous
- Design and develop a cutting-edge s/w algorithm for the future
autonomous driving systems
- BS or Masters in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or other related
- 5 to 7 years of experience in one or more of the following
areas related to mapping and localization for ADAS / AD: state
estimation, probabilistic filtering, SLAM, LIDAR based
localization, 3D reconstruction.
- Strong C++ programming experience and in-depth knowledge of
object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and
software design skills.
- A solid foundation in math and robotics to propose creative
solutions for autonomous systems.
- In-depth knowledge or experiences in key areas of Kalman
filters, SLAM, sensor fusion, and inertial navigation
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork skills, and
experience in working in agile development teams
- Experiences with cameras, radars, LiDAR, GPS/IMU and in-depth
knowledge for related data processing
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
knowledge and creativity required to solve Autonomous Driving
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and
verification on system and vehicle level
- Capability to read and implement the state-of-the-art novel
state estimation, sensor fusion techniques related to localization
and mapping. Familiarity with large scale optimization
- Track record of delivering Robotics or AV software product.
Knowledge of Middleware systems like ROS
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Mapping and Localization Engineer - ADAS/AD, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!