Production Supervisor Jidoka Factory
Posted on: May 30, 2021
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the effective
and efficient supervision of their assigned area's resources
including all personnel, equipment and tools utilized for
operations of Fill & Pack manufacturing function. They provide
their team daily guidance and leadership, work direction and
necessary problem solving within their responsibility to ensure
daily safety, quality, productivity and Ontime delivery is met.
They are actively involved in Production Continuous Improvement
activities and have complete oversight that all company policies
and procedures are maintained and followed by their team members.
The Newark Jidoka factory is a 24/7 operation and this position
reports to the Production Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage staff resources by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and
training and developing associates for growth opportunities
- Works on the shop floor and leads by example
- Responsible for on time delivery of product from respective
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process;
observing processes and equipment, monitoring personnel and
resources, utilizing reporting procedures and systems in accordance
with company guidelines to ensure success in meeting the Safety,
Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity goals.
- Take ownership of reasons for Safety, Quality, Delivery and
Productivity misses. Work cross functionally to create and follow
up on immediate and longer-term action plans.
- Contribute to improving manufacturing processes through
solution-based ideation for continuous improvements and use of
Danaher Business System (DBS) tools, e.g. Kaizen, PSP and 4E
- Write and conduct yearly performance reviews.
- Clearly communicate with outgoing and incoming shift Production
Supervisors to disseminate all relevant information.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating
issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment,
and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goal oriented and
- Able to work independently and complete basic problem
- Other duties as assigned by the manager and may be asked to be
included in quality activities and employee activity teams.
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete
all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education or Experience (in years):
Knowledge and skills:
- Possess the skills necessary to create and lead a culture of
commitment to the values vital to organizational development and
- Proven ability to deliver productivity to plan
- Willing to resolve problems
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse
groups, incorporate the input of others to improve our processes,
and align with internal customers
- Committed to developing and empowering others; to accomplish
goals through the skills of persuasion, influence and
- Must have excellent communication skills (listening, written,
- Ability to interface and exchange information with all levels
within the company's workforce
- A team player that works with management and technicians to
strive for continuous improvement
- Knowledge of bills of materials and other planning
- Supervisory/leadership background
- Demonstrated proficiency of manufacturing systems and
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time and
be able to lift 25 lbs.
- At least 3 years of experience in an FDA/ISO regulated
- Experience in a clinical diagnostic or medical device
- Statistical, Lean, and Six Sigma training
- Knowledge and experience with IQ, OQ and PQ validations
- cGMP/GLP experience is highly preferred
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.
Keywords: Danaher, Newark , Production Supervisor Jidoka Factory, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!