Design Release Engineer, 12V ECU/Packaging
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Body Engineering team is looking for Engineers with 4 to
12 years experience in 12V packaging, mechanical design, and
specifications vetting and release for ECUs, brackets, electrical
equipment and devices.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical/Electrical Engineer
interested in ECU/electrical equipment/devices, packaging and
release. This position requires a professional with strong
skills in CAD and a desire in electronic modules. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
- Design the packaging and integration of low voltage
device/electrical equipment working alongside system
- Develop and design housing and enclosures for device/electrical
equipment models in 3D CAD.
- Conduct in-depth design reviews of 3D device/electrical
equipment models with lead engineers of all domains.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and change release
- Collaborate with Suppliers to optimize device/electrical
equipment design and packaging
- Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate
Engine/Transmission / Body-in-White/ Vehicle Assembly Plants --
including Canada & Mexico.
- 4+ years’ experience with vehicle or similar device/electrical
equipment, packaging and releasing with OEM and/or tier 1/2
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Electrical/Electronic Unit /
chassis, Body-In-White, vehicle systems such ABS, Lighting,
Adaptive Cruise Control, Power Train, etc and components.
- Experience with P-Spice, CATIA or similar software
- Experience creating packaging proposals and engineering studies
for device/electrical equipment
- Experience creating and driving across the finish line
Engineering Change Request (ECR) packages or similar process like
- Some Travel required.
- Proven experience with CATIA V6 preferred
- Knowledge of automotive engineering and tools and methods such
as DVP, DFMEA, DFSS, PFMEA, FEA. Would prefer working experience
for all these tools
- Green/black belt
- CAE experiences on Electrical/Electronic Unit structure
- Hands-on involvement in the repair/modification of a vehicle,
home or other technically complex project
- Proven experience with enterprise Systems such JIRA cloud
collaboration platform, SharePoint and Confluence a big plus
- Use innovation and creativity to resolve design issues that
appear intractable because of conflicting design constraints and
therefore competing interests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience working in a high pressure environment and remaining
calm a huge plus
- Detail oriented is a huge plus
- BS Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical,
Aerospace or Automotive Engineering or similar
- Master’s degree preferred
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Design Release Engineer, 12V ECU/Packaging, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!