CAD Engineer, Interior Systems and Components (CATIA)
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an automotive CAD Engineer - Body Interiors
Systems and Components . If you’re the kind of person who sees a
problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s
asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches
his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should
have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively
in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Conceptual design development, detailed design, and production
release of Body interior components, IP, Console, Doors, Hard, and
- Create CAD surfaces and solids, GD&T, and fastening design
using Catia V6.
- Utilize CAD methodologies, study files, slab models, knowledge
- Manage system, subsystem, and component information in the
Enovia PLM and Catia V6 environment.
- Ensure all geometric requirements for milestone delivery are
analyzed and met.
- Interface with studio, packaging, advanced engineering,
manufacturing, and supplier activities to develop optimal design
- Be a champion of good, fundamental design in the exterior
system and across the vehicle.
- Supporting the development of best practices for design and
- 5 plus years of experience designing interior trim and
- Creativity within complex 3D virtual package environment
- Experience creating complex CAD models in CATIA V6 quickly and
efficiently while holding CAD part, tree, links & publications to
an excellent standard
- Proven experience in interior process, such as wrapping,
injection molding, painting, compression molding etc.
- Proven experience in common structural part manufacturing
processes such as stamping, extrusion, casting
- A good understanding of the range of computational tools
available to design engineers
- Proven experience in GD&T and how it applies to part,
assembly, and customer requirements for gap and flush
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- A great work ethic
- Launch experience
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering or
relevant engineering discipline or higher
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , CAD Engineer, Interior Systems and Components (CATIA), Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!