Manager, Interior Trim
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to work within
our Interior Trim team.
This position requires an experienced professional with a
responsibility for managing the design and development of the
Interior Trim systems of a world-class vehicle in terms of
performance, reliability and Craftsmanship. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
- Having proven leadership experience you will help to Build,
lead, and mentor a world-class Interior Trim engineering team.
- Equally comfortable creating concept to supporting parts into
production to create industry-leading Premium Interior Hard and
- Working closely with Design Studio and collaboratively with
cross functional teams to implement the best in class
- Collaborate with Tier 1 and directed suppliers to ensure
technical excellence and on time delivery.
- Working with the Project team to ensure on time delivery and
cost targets are met
- Reporting to Director of Body Engineering and required to
present to Executive team
- Experience leading a team of multi-discipline engineers
demonstrating the ability to be detail oriented.
- Full program cycle experiences from concept to production
launch in Interior Trim development
- Experience creating/improving/establishing technical product
specifications and timelines to achieve an accelerated development
cycle towards SOP
- Experienced in using CAD to review drawings, packaging layouts,
and DFM studies with the ability to create simple sections and CAD
- Vehicle and product launch experience.
- Experience in the design and development of Hard and Soft Trim,
with a good understanding of materials, Injection
molding/Thermo-forming/Vacuum forming/Plastic casting/Decorative
processes and light weighting strategies.
- Knowledgeable of Interior regulations and requirements for
worldwide markets with good experience with safety requirements
including Head Impact and Airbag considerations
- Knowledge of DFMEA, GD&T, DVP Creation
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a
fast-paced startup environment
- Design experience operating with CATIA V6 3DExperience
- Master's degree in Science in relevant discipline
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent
- Bachelor's degree in Science in relevant discipline.
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Manager, Interior Trim, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!