Power Electronics Firmware Engineer - EV and ESS
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a Power Electronics Firmware Engineer -
EV and ESS . This position requires development of controls
strategy and define the control algorithms for power conversion
control. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop controls strategy and define the control algorithms for
power conversion control.
- Translate algorithms into software implementation and integrate
that into the firmware framework
- Test, validate, and troubleshoot controller
- Develop and utilize computer simulations Matlab/Simulink, HiL,
- Do hands on testing the logic on high voltage systems.
- Familiar with power electronics topology for AC/DC and DC/DC
conversion for EV and ESS.
- Develop simulation model for power conversion control and
translate into the software implementation.
- Strong Embedded C experience to deliver high quality C code.
Multicore micro-controller programming skills. Experience in using
- Experienced with microcontroller peripherals: ADC, DAC, PWM,
- Can read the hardware schematics and work with hardware team to
define software the requirement
- Working knowledge of vehicle charging system and charger
stations and standards, i.e. J1772 and ISO 15118 is a plus.
- Knowledge of product safety concepts.
- Proficiency with Jama, Jira/Confluence
- Good organizational skills
- Master degree with at least 3 years experience, Preferable PhD
in electrical engineering discipline.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Power Electronics Firmware Engineer - EV and ESS, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!