Company: Lucid Motors Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucids mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by
creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a Junior Logistics Engineer. This position
requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage the
day-to-day chaos that comes from managing the logistical needs of a
large-scale operation while also developing and implementing all
logistics performance processes required to manage and optimize the
various logistics operations.
The successful candidate will have spent time leading logistics
initiatives and improving performance in an automotive
manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with
Transportation, Trade Compliance, Manufacturing, Packaging,
Material Flow, Warehousing and Facilities as well as our
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his
or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
within a fast-paced environment. You Will:
- Lead Logistics initiatives to support the launch of new
projects and optimize operations. This role will focus on one or
more of the following activities; inbound freight, finished vehicle
operations, warehouse operations or assembly plant operations.
- Lead, coordinate and prepare business cases to drive strategic
- Undertake detailed and thorough logistics analysis to identify
opportunities to aid efficiency and cost optimization through
evaluation of data and provide ongoing operational analyses.
- Set up and provide regular dashboard / reports on logistics
performance measures and all KPIs to support communications to
senior leadership for specific areas of the logistics process
ensuring logistics costs and processes are monitored, managed and
- Create statistical and financial models and use appropriate
software to review opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies
in the logistics process and produce forecasts and estimates to aid
financially sound decisions and cash flow planning.
- Track logistics trends and use information to recommend changes
and utilize knowledge and research methods to benchmark logistics
activities and to drive best practice results.
- Work with Logistics and other appropriate staff to resolve
issues as and when required and provide additional analytical
- Analyze contractual commitments, internal specifications, and
design changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify all necessary capital and operational expense items to
support successful launch of operations.
- Participation in planning sessions with internal departments to
validate requirements and processes and develop Standard Operating
- Work towards and support a culture of continuous improvement
and work to make business and department improvements wherever
Additional Requirements depending on area of expertise:
- Warehouse and Assembly Operations
- Ensure all distribution system functionality is configured to
optimize performance. (e.g., warehouse management, labor
management, slotting and reporting applications).
- Develop warehouse layout and internal material supply to POU
using Lean manufacturing concept principles.
- Monitor and control material handling specifications, flow,
methodologies & systems to support Production according to business
systems requirement and to avoid obstruction to the parts supply
- Optimize the material flows in the plant and establish work
measurement programs to develop standards for labor
- Forecast facility, staffing and material handling equipment
needs in order to improve cost, utilization, service, and
- Conduct studies to determine the most efficient sequence of
operations and workflow by analyzing production costs, process flow
charts, and production schedules.
- Recommend methods for maximizing the utilization of production
facilities and personnel by restructuring job duties, reorganizing
work flow, relocating resources in adherence with government,
health, and safety regulations.
- Determine and gain agreement of final design of facility,
operating process, equipment type and quantity.
- Analyze and determine best transportation solutions globally,
including systems and processes.
- Conduct/lead business process analysis to understand the needs
of the transportation organization and translate those needs into
- Create and manage domestic and international shipment planning
templates in the TMS.
- Develop and implement standard tools, processes and metrics to
provide total visibility to freight costs
- Utilize data and metrics to identify opportunities to optimize
cost and service throughout our supply chain.
- Drive continuous improvement in cost, service and quality in
our supply chain by addressing issues highlighted in KPIs
- Build and maintain supply chain network models, that include
supplier network, distribution centers, repack centers and
- Partner with operations finance team to improve process to
report actual freight costs and cost drivers vs budget on a
quarterly, monthly, and weekly basis.
- Monitor and manage performance against budgets; develop and
implement corrective actions when performance is not in line with
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas:
transportation, warehouse operations, material flow, material
planning, packaging or materials handling.
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success
in working across organizations at all levels.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Occasional travel to support the business may be required.
Be part of something amazing
- Bachelors Degree preferred in Logistics Engineering, Supply
Chain, or related field.
- Masters Degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and
experience may be considered.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, were providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we dont just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity and expression, marital status, and any other
characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors Inc, Newark , Logistics Engineer, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!