DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV
in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th
largest supplier of global solutions within transport and
logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply
chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing
and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many
offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of
goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over
the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close
to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Newark, CA
Job Posting Title: Supervisor, Logistics
The Supervisor, Logistics is responsible for transportation
operations for client's plant/DC and/or group of client locations.
They have operational and financial responsibility for their
assigned client(s), and ensure that optimum support and service is
provided to the client(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in developing project scope and timeline for assigned
- Assists Account Manager & Implementation Manager in location
- Manages ongoing assigned projects.
- Assists with the growth
- Recruits and trains necessary on-site analysts, logistics
coordinators and assistants.
- Reports on project progress and manages customer
- Identifies and quantifies potential supply chain
- Accepts complete accountability for financial performance,
customer savings and satisfaction.
- Develops reports that summarizes results, findings and
recommendations and present same to management and customer.
- Manages complex organizational issues involving customer's
various functional areas and multiple plant locations.
- Achieves a high level of customer satisfaction to justify
favorable reference and contract renewal.
- Manages/works with a variety of supply chain sub-contractors
and related relationships.
- Presents to executive level leadership as needed.
- Responsible for providing daily operational transportation
management support to the customer while supporting the development
of solutions to lower the customer's future logistics costs.
- Presentation of MBR's, QBR's (quarterly business reviews) to
- Assists Account Manager in daily tasks for the account.
- Ability and flexibility to travel as required.
- Manages carrier relationships and expectations.
- Performs other duties as required
- Recruits and trains on-site analyst, logistics coordinators and
assistants as needed
- Manages and completes on time Personnel Assessments
- Shares department account goals with the team and maintain
assessments planning and development
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- College degree in Logistics, business or other related field or
experience in lieu of education.
- 3 years of experience in a Supervisor, Accounts role or related
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Access, and
- SAP experience helpful but not required.
- English (reading, writing, and verbal)
- Knowledgeable in various modes of transportation including but
not limited to: LTL, truckload, flatbed, intermodal, rail, air and
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses
his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear.
The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to travel by plane and automobile.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described above are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
May include some travel, up to 10% both domestic and
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are
considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status,
marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national
origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require
special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with
DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are
interested in learning the status of your application, please note
you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources
contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV
reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the
transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80
countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences
and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a
variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy
responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your
potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com