Visiting Professor I - Computer Information Sciences
Company: DeVry University
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on
delivering a different kind of education - one based on
experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join
our team, you're choosing an institution that serves students who
are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the
institution. At DeVry, we're guided by our culture of care, and we
embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and
colleagues. It's one way we position our colleagues for
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our
organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our
dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members
who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We
believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their
goals. Whether it's career advancement, maintaining a healthy
lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and
professional development offerings can help you meet your
If you want to be a part of an organization focused on providing
high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply
for a position today.
We are interested in developing long-term relationships with
superior instructors who have high professional standards,
excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to
providing the finest practitioner-focused education. We are seeking
primarily Industry Professionals to share their knowledge and
experience with undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of
- Courses meet once or twice a week for eight weeks.
- The face-to-face interaction is blended with technology (such
as online discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced
learning environment. Commitment is on a course by course
- Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry
University syllabus that follows a template established by the
local campus, and which includes the terminal course
- Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies
and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online
discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to
- Models effective oral and written communications that engage
the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course
terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the
distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on
exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and
grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- A PhD or doctoral degree is required (with 18 graduate hours in
the subject being taught for graduate teaching).
- Current CCNA certificate preferred
- Additional requirements driven by state licensing or
accreditation considerations may apply.
- Faculty must have requisite subject matter expertise and
outstanding communication skills.
- Faculty must also have excellent motivational and instructional
skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the
efforts of diverse groups.
DeVry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We believe diversity is essential to our educational mission and to
the success of our community. We are committed to fostering a
working environment where differences are respected, valued and
Keywords: DeVry University, Newark , Visiting Professor I - Computer Information Sciences, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!