Retail Operations Purchasing Associate
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Associate as part of the
Corporate Retail Procurement team. The Purchasing Associate manages
global sourcing for all assigned commodities supporting various
procurement activities in Corporate Retail Operations: operations,
facilities, merchandising, new store openings (NSO) and projects to
operate and maintain showrooms and service centers globally.
- Conduct RFI, qualify vendors and contractors for procurement
- Process new vendor credit applications and requests for new
vendors in ERP (SAP)
- Create RFQs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from
vendors and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations
balancing cost, quality, lead-time, and technical
- Work with Purchasing Managers, vendors and contractors to
qualify them for Owner Furnished Items (OFI); review bid packages,
scope documentation, and change management for supplies,
facilities, merchandising, logistics, and utilities.
- Work with Purchasing Managers, Vendors and Retail teams to
qualify future products and materials.
- Summarize data into charts & diagrams for executive review
- Maintain spreadsheet trackers with updated data including POs
placed, timeline and supplier commit dates and maintain Retail
Operations specific Project folders for purchase orders, and
- Follow up with Purchasing Managers to verify completion of
- Work with contractors and project teams to manage design
changes and impacts.
- Collaborate with Retail Operations' internal partners to make
sure they are fully supported & have everything they need from
supply chain to be successful.
- Work with internal business partners; Finance, Accounts
Payables, Warehouse managers, and other cross functional teams on
- Assist purchasing and Retail operations' teams with PO changes
and updates. Ensure teams are properly submitting purchase
- Bachelor's degree in technical, supply chain or finance
- 1-2 years minimum Purchasing, Supply Chain, Engineering,
Project Management or Retail Procurement (preferred)
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise
and problem solve, as well as work independently on multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of resilience to
deal with urgent requests, and minimal information. Works well with
- Excellent analytical, negotiations and problem-solving skills.
Passionate for results, strategy, and hands on execution. Creative,
calculated risk taker with the ability to manage supply issues and
resolve supplier disputes while preserving relationships with
suppliers and internal partners.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and
program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, ERP systems
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problem creatively and
- Willingness to learn
- The candidate for this position is required to work in the
office; Corporate office in Newark CA. (under normal
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Retail Operations Purchasing Associate, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!