Sr BIW Manufacturing Dimensional Launch Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
BIW Manufacturing Dimensional Launch Engineer will be involved
in complete model launch phase - from product design development,
manufacturing specification development, tooling & equipment
development to line commissioning and SOP. The role requires deep
understanding of Body product design, GD&T, and manufacturing
processes. This role requires to develop the build plan of a
product from the ground up based on manufacturing process
feasibility and best dimensional quality. Role will also require
hands on involvement for product assembly & tooling measurements,
troubleshooting and certification. This role requires to work in
cross functional team environment with a strong influential ability
to drive product design build based on best manufacturing practices
for body accuracy.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Develop / architect body build sequence based on manufacturing
process size scope, body dimensional accuracy, process
- Develop / architect body assembly datum strategy based on
efficient & flexible assembly tooling design and body dimensional
- Lead Product DFM, Simultaneous Engineering activities and
support NPI - design feasibility, dimensional & body accuracy
feasibility, body sequencing, tooling design.
- Work with Product Engineering for DFM related product design
- Develop Manufacturing based variation analysis models and align
with product design variation analysis to meet design requirements
based on manufacturing reality
- Align body equipment PLP and part / assembly level GD&Ts
and develop Body dimensional control points to ensure closed loop
- Lead & Manage Prototype builds and New Model Launch Body
Dimensional accuracy plan
- Analyze, troubleshoot and develop control plan to meet body
dimensional metrics and contain variation
- Coordinate with Metrology to manage measurement, inspection and
verification work flow for prototype and product launch /
- Hands on involvement - participate and buy-off on
Fixture/tooling part fitting, fixture certification, product
assembly measurements and certification
- Lead dimensional build activities during tooling try outs at
launch to achieve stable, repeatable and in dimensional spec body
prior to SOP
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, Stamping & NPI
team for feedback loop for stampings, extrusions, castings,
- Collaborate with product and manufacturing engineering on new
manufacturing process research and development
- Participate in new manufacturing process specification
development, assembly tooling design reviews and buy-offs
- Develop assembly fixture, ACP / PCF fixture specifications and
manage procurement for model launch programs.
- Work with Quality Engineering team to problem solve and improve
overall product quality with dimensional body accuracy focus.
- Support stamping gage / check fixtures Buy-off
- Support PPAP process as needed from supplier parts.
- Develop Facility Specifications & Bid Documentation and
participate in facility (building) and process equipment RFQ
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering & NPI team in coordinating &
tracking Product Release and engineering changes.
- Knowledge of latest innovations in manufacturing engineering
- Maintain strong relationships with other company groups
(Product Design, Production Engineering, Studio Engineering,
Metrology, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, etc) to progress BIW
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or related Field
with 7+ years of relative experience
- Strong Interposal Skills with ability to Coordinate cross
functional teams and deliver target initiatives.
- Expert in GD&T
- Experience in Dimensional Variation Analysis (3D and 2D Stack
- Experience in Aluminum and Steel Body Structures
- Experience with Measurement Systems, Metrology equipment (ie.
Faro Arms, Light Scanners, etc)
- Knowledge of Production & Quality Control in manufacturing
- Extensive Experience in BIW Product development and
- Software: 3DCS, AutoCAD, Catia (3DExperience), MS Office,
- Six Sigma Green Belt &/or proven Experience with
Statistical Process Control
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Independent and Strong sense of personal responsibility and
accountability for delivering high quality work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to Travel up to 25% of the time.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr BIW Manufacturing Dimensional Launch Engineer, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!