Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Stockroom Lead will be responsible for coaching, motivating,
and leading the stockroom employees to accomplish the productivity
goals for the day and establishing a culture of positive employee
relations while ensuring all processes, best practices, and
policies are adhered to consistently. This role is a floor position
that will require 95% of the workday spent in the stockrooms.
Stockroom Lead will assist the material handlers with processing of
Production Orders, KANBAN, Receiving, Nonconforming Materials,
Cycle Count, OC packaging, and other required tasks as required.
The Stockroom Lead will be responsible for FTE and SAW material
handlers. This role will require the Lead to create a climate in
which people want to do their best; empowers others; invites input
from each person; makes each individual feel his/her work is
important; is someone people like working for and with.
STOCKROOM LEAD RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily direction and leadership to the Stockroom
department material handlers.
- Delegating and assigning tasks to the material handlers.
- Organizes and conducts all required training activities for the
- Accountable for the safe operation of all equipment, including
forklifts, hand tools, and other equipment in the operation.
- Ensures all team members are trained properly operate all
- Makes recommendations for manpower needs including involvement
in recruitment and selection process within the Stockroom
- Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership
within the stockroom department.
- Assist with the Visual Daily Management
- Ensures that production orders processed are verified against
- Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and
meeting company and customer commitments by handling materials,
providing labor, and effective use of time.
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and
promotes continual improvement within the shipping department.
- On Time Delivery: Responsible for researching missed or late
staging of production orders and KANAN requests.
- Transaction Errors: Responsible for researching and identifying
- Inventory control: Research/reconcile end of day cycle count
- Follows stockroom methods for material using the proper SOP and
takes ownership of process documentation creation, changes and
- Accountable for ensuring the Stockroom is audit ready 24x7.
Readily takes action to implement effective countermeasures and
monitor sustainment of audit findings.
- Accountable for ensuring the Stockroom is 5S ready 24x7 and
promotes 5S activities to sustain stockroom organization and
- Stockroom Lead will immediately document and report to the
Stockroom Supervisor or Manager any situation, incident or problems
that directly relate to the efficient, complete, and timely
dispatch of any and all assigned work.
- Will ensure all team members are aware of their job duties and
will be cross trained as needed.
- At all times, Stockroom Lead will promote a
cooperative/teamwork atmosphere toward all employees.
- Must investigate and report all accidents and near misses to
the Supervisor or Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for
handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist,
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP)
- Certified, or ability to be certified on all forklift
- Experience on operating the company van and bobtail truck.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or
reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel, crouch.
- Working understanding of WMS system.
- Excellent leadership and administration skills and
- Good problem-solving ability
- Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and
external workers of the company.
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts
during peak season.
- Commitment to performance: Demonstrates a commitment to doing
it "the right way" with a high level of attention to details and
high personal standards of performance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school degree with 5+ years of experience in stockroom
operations and shipping and receiving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SAP
- Ability to follow guidelines of the Standard Operating
Procedures for each operation in the process to conform to the Good
Manufacturing Practice and the Food and Drug Administration
- Knowledge of and experience with all shipping functions,
foreign and domestic, including domestic air bills, international
commercial invoices and letters of instruction required.
- Knowledge of and experience with packaging materials used to
safely transport all products required.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment including but not
limited to forklift and pallet jack
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.
Keywords: Danaher, Newark , Stockroom Lead, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!