Director, Stationary Energy Storage Systems Engineering
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We currently seek a highly regarded senior technical leader who
will be responsible for research, product strategy, product
development and delivery of energy storage system products. The
ideal candidate has a passion for technology development along with
building and leading outstanding teams of engineers, scientists and
This role requires someone who is capable of defining product
roadmaps, building pilot projects and delivering the products for
Lucid's new Energy business line. This role will focus on working
with development teams across multiple subsystems and faculties to
understand and master the design space in terms of product
performance, and long-term reliability and cost.
Candidates are expected to have demonstrated engineering
excellence in the energy storage field, to possess the ability to
lead and motivate / stimulate a strong team and to strive for
- Lead Lucid's Energy Storage System development and activities
with direct and matrixed resources for all systems: cells, battery
packs, modules, battery management software, inverters, power
electronics, safety systems, and related hardware and software
- Lead prototype builds and global pilot projects
- Manage, mentor and build teams, talent development, recruiting
- Work with business development/finance to define key target
markets for energy storage and develop and engineer the product for
those target markets
- Collaborate with other groups to ensure safety, compliance,
cost, efficiency, etc.
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Energy related fields
- 8+ years' experience in energy storage system development,
- Proven track record at senior level in engineering, design and
validation of advanced energy storage systems for production
- Direct experience taking storage products through their
development process from conceptual design to a manufactured
product, ideally home, business and utility scale.
- Proven track record of excellent management capacity leading
groups of engineers and scientists in fast-paced environments
- A broad industry network and proven ability to interface at
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Drive for Results: Drives for high performance, takes
responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming
obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contributes to the company strategy and aligns
the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and
strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and
how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider
the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gathers relevant information, identifies
key issues, compares data from different sources; draws appropriate
conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively
engaging to make joint decisions and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the
organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities,
and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic
differences into account when making plans and decisions.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Director, Stationary Energy Storage Systems Engineering, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!