Mechanical Systems Analyst, Advanced Motor Technology
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Systems Analyst. This
position requires a passionate mechanical engineer with a desire to
understand things in depth. They will work with people from across
the company to help accelerate world leading efficiency,
performance, and packaging. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and is determined to improve. They don't just learn how to
do things; they learn why something is the way it is and find ways
to make it better. They are not afraid to be wrong but have a
thirst for knowledge and the progression of engineering. Candidates
will strike a balance between perfection and timeliness and
document as they go.
- Analyze and improve electric traction motor and powertrain
- System modelling of mechanical, and thermal performance of
powertrain components in Matlab/Python.
- Analysis and modelling torque split maps, regenerative braking
maps, and other calibration effects on vehicle efficiency
- Come up with experiments and test plan to characterize
individual components performance and their efficiency
- Data analysis and scripting to automate data collection of
vehicle and powertrain performance
- Support development of high efficiency electric traction
- Work with motor dynometer, chassis dynometer
- Evaluate total vehicle efficiency
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental of vehicle
- A proven track record of technical excellence in mechanical /
- Proficient in Matlab and Python or other scripting
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products
as an integral part of a very capable team.
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving.
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and
- Strong experience in scripting simulation workflows with
varying availability of documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an
integral part of a very capable team.
- Additional fields of experience (electromagnetics, structural
statics/dynamics, material science).
- Experience with electric vehicle motor design.
- Experience with optimization methods and software.
- Experience with CANape, CANalyzer
- Experience with Simulink.
- Experience with ANSYS tools.
- Experience with CAD (preferably CATIA).
- BS (preferably MS) in Mechanical/ Electrical / Automotive
engineering or related fields
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Mechanical Systems Analyst, Advanced Motor Technology, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!