JOB TITLE: General Manager (GM)
SUPERVISOR: Area Coach (AC), Director of Operations (DO)
BASIC PURPOSE: A General Manager is a leader who is able to
build a team and develop existing team of top performers by
training and developing skills, providing clear, consistent
direction, and recognizing individual and team contributions. A GM
oversees recruiting, training, management, P&L, and overall
operations of the restaurant to ensure excellent customer service,
high quality foods, people development, food safety, store
cleanliness, and maximum profitability. A GM also oversees
communication, acts as a liaison with other leadership, and
facilitates a focus on company's culture and values.
- Identifying a team with high potential and developing them into
- Achieving and maintaining world class operations which includes
a successful and well-developed crew and staff, pristine
restaurants that serve excellent food, and strong financials.
- Maintaining and driving high standards and expectations around
food quality, customer service, food safety, and store cleanliness
by empowering teams in every restaurant he/she is responsible
- Having a clear understanding of and the ability to perform
every job in the restaurant.
- Being held accountable for all aspects of their restaurants'
performance and serving as ultimate decision-maker for their
- Engaging in clear, consistent communications with field
leadership and restaurant staff on a frequent basis.
- Demonstrating respect for individual team members and showing
appreciation for their efforts and contributions.
- Building an effective team through training and development;
and supplying meaningful and timely performance feedback.
- Ensuring the compliance of company policies and
- Maintaining consistent strong financial results.
Hiring and Staffing - Has a nose for talent; hires the best
people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting
strong people; assembles talented staffs.
Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct,
truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an
appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes;
doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do
their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or
project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to
get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down;
empowers others; invites input from each person and shares
ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work
is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful
sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at
honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the
Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
Primary service relationships with outside customers; team
building relationships with co-workers and appropriate working
relationships with other internal visitors and vendors.
Able to build a strong relationship with their Area Coach, as
well as their management team and Team Members.
Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Experience: Two-years Restaurant experience required with
proven lead experience on all shifts.
- Must have the ability to read, speak, comprehend, and write in
- Must maintain current Health Card according to state or local
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check including MVR.
- Must be able to pass SERV Safe Certification Course and
Diversified Restaurant Group, LLC (DRG) is a restaurant business
working to innovate and grow with quick service and fast casual
brands across the country. What started as a 30-unit Taco Bell
business in 2012 has since grown into a 230+ unit, multi-brand
operation. DRG currently operates Taco Bell and Arby's restaurants
across Northern California, Nevada, and Kansas City; and has
approximately 6,000 team members and continues to grow every
DISCLAIMER: You are applying to Diversified Restaurant Group, a
franchisee of Taco Bell and Arby's Corp. If hired, the franchisee
will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business
owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary