Technical Project Manager, Seating Systems
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are looking for an experienced professional Project Manager
with a proven track record of excellence and managerial
achievement. The candidate will have experience in the development
and production of Seating Systems. They must have a comprehensive
understanding of relevant technology, the related development
cycle. The candidate would be responsible for managing periodic
engineering changes, supplier related issues, service parts,
warranty improvement. This candidate will have proactive
communication, so each individual team member remains aware of the
timing and delivery expectations placed upon them and that critical
issues are identified and brought to the attention of senior
management with gauged advance notice.
The candidate is expected to have in depth knowledge of Complete
Seat Development, Structure & Mechanisms Development, Comfort
Systems, Testing & experience with launch of complex Seating
- Leadership: Motivate the team to meet commitments to the
established timing. Negotiate with internal and external groups,
vendors and customer. Ability to identify the root cause of a
problem, develop corrective action plans and lead the team to an
- Proactive Communication: As the central point of communication,
the candidate would be responsible to keep the team members aware
of their deliverables and timing commitments. The candidate
establishes meeting cadence and monitors attendance to assure the
correct team members are present at each meeting. Creates agenda,
schedules meetings and keeps the meeting on task. Provides team
information needed to perform tasks. Actively includes suppliers as
a member of the team.
- Scope Management: Communicate the impact of scope changes to
the executive & program team in a timely manner in terms of cost,
timing, product, quality of execution and impact on the program.
Publish and maintain the ESOWs and ensure all scope changes are
captured in the documents. Manage the risk of engineering changes
and keep management informed of significant changes and their
effect on the program.
- Timing: Effectively manages overall program timing for key
program activities. Creates and manages open issues list that is
clear and concise with due dates and deliverables. Leads the team
in effective risk management techniques to ensure timing
commitments are met.
- Global Management Skills: Function in a different culture while
matching his/her interpersonal style to the culture they are
working in. Has awareness and respect for different cultures.
- Define the work packages and develop the master timing plan
including key dependencies (Structure, Mechanisms, Complete Seat
systems, DVP&R, End of Line Testing, etc.)
- Track and manage the backlog of key actions and risks that
enable the development process.
- Interact closely with all necessary domains, from engineering,
manufacturing, supply chain, sales/marketing, finance and
- Facilitate product and functional/technical safety requirement
and test case documentation, as well as architecture
- Coordinate vendor and display selection across engineering,
supply chain, design Play a primary role in outsourcing activities
including RFP and SOW development, coordination of technical and
performance evaluation, negotiation of commercial and technical
terms (in support of supply chain) and the management of outsourced
- A minimum of 5 years of experience project managing Seating
Systems development programs
- Experience holding team sync-ups that deliver measured project
status instantaneously. Jira, Confluence or similar planning
- A minimum of 5 years in Seating Systems design & development
including Complete Seats, Structure & Mechanisms, Plastics & Foam
- A proven track record of bringing seating products from the
early development phase to production.
- Experience engaging, working and managing the output of
- Experience with best practices and tools for development of
- Experience in leading & developing Complete Seats & Seat
Structure & Mechanisms
- Experience with vehicle integration and test processes
- Experience with test and build aspects of seats
- A strong ability to discern between lower and higher
- Learn very quickly with an aptitude for technical subjects
- Ability to move easily between tactical and strategic
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline
- PMP certification preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Technical Project Manager, Seating Systems, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!