Packaging Design Engineer - Newark, CA
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a Packaging Compliance Analyst. This
position requires a data-driven professional with the ability to
maintain a vast information system and tenaciously drive
compliance. The successful candidate will have hands on experience
in both supply chains and in the heavy manufacturing. The role
requires a customer-focused outlook and bold engagement in the face
of a high-volume automotive supply chain. You will be supported by
a team of engineers and logistics colleagues. The role requires
analysis and creation of documentation related to packaging design,
labeling, barcode symbology, and warehousing. This position
requires partnership with Production, Supply Chain, Logistics,
QA/QC, and Packaging Engineering to implement new processes and
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches
his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
within a fast-paced environment.
- Be the first line of defense for auditing packaging integrity
and labeling compliance of inbound components to the warehouse,
relative to the specifications in the packaging database
- Become fully acquainted with all of Lucid Motors' information
systems in regard to supply chain, inventory management, and
logistics to support your reporting
- Augment the packaging database and correct any incomplete
documentation with numerical data and photographs
- Provide information for supplier corrective action (SCAR)
- Assist in documenting the success or failure of trial
packaging, capturing its condition upon reception at the warehouse
and its feasibility for use at the production line
- Become an expert on Lucid Motors' packaging strategy and be
aware of its many implications in the manufacturing
- Propose packaging design ideas based on understanding of
customer requirements, plant operation processes, logistics,
distribution, warehousing, and regulatory requirements.
- Support the execution and evolution of a packaging strategy for
existing components, new product introductions, cost savings, or
other supply chain improvement measures.
- Support all single point Packaging Engineering leadership
training during launch and ensure that training is maintained
throughout product lifecycle
- Flag any potential issues or packaging improvements with
- Bachelor's Degree required in engineering, packaging
engineering, quality systems, or supply chain
- 5+ years total in QC/Supply Chain systems and processes
- 2+ years of related automotive industry or heavy manufacturing
- 2+ years project management experience
- High level of analytical ability where problems are
- Demonstrate Strong written and oral Communications.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective
project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time
with ability to meet project timelines.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS
- Ability to recognize issues or potential barriers.
- Minor or supplemental education in Global Supply Chain highly
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Packaging Design Engineer - Newark, CA, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!