Stamping Engineer, Product Engineering
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a Stamping Engineer, Product
Engineering. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates
will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective
fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be part of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and work
closely with the Product Design Engineers in body structures,
closures, and exteriors during the studio, prototype, and
production product engineering phase.
- Provide prompt feedback on product design proposals to ensure
manufacturability, feasibility, optimized layout and cost.
- Partner with studio, design engineering, and manufacturing to
ensure consideration of slip lines, shock lines, and other
A-surface relevant aspects.
- Consider and help balance all Simultaneous Engineering aspects
of the designs.
- Work with the manufacturing stamping team and support approval
of supplier forming simulation setup and output.
- Maintain documentation of internal or external communication,
processing data, and other pertinent product information.
- Assists development with new process or materials as
- Drive all aspects of design for stamping and support product
engineers in design decision making in detail design.
- Travel is minimal however required as needed (US &
- BS degree, Mechanical Engineering major
- Tool & Die Apprenticeship with experience is a plus.
- Experience in Tool Engineering in a high-volume manufacturing
environment with an emphasis on material forming simulations for
Aluminum and Steel.
- Fluency in PLM systems and the ability to function as a bridge
between Product Design and Toolmakers.
- Aluminum Class A, BIW and Closures experience with focus on the
design and build of stamping dies.
- Must have the ability to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing techniques in metal
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective skill in establishing and maintaining working
relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong engineering fundamentals, time management, and analytic
- Knowledge of material properties, mechanics of materials and
how these materials react when subjected to varying stamping
- Ability to remain current with state-of-the-art technologies
and practices related to the metal stamping process as well as
develop innovative solutions when necessary.
- Experience in forming at elevated temperatures a plus.
- Able to use MS Excel, Project, Word, Atlassian JIRA.
- Advanced proficiency in Cad software - CATIA
- In-depth experience with the Autoform suite for stamping
simulation and value analysis / value engineering (VAVE) is a
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Stamping Engineer, Product Engineering, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!