Landsberg Orora started in 1947, with the philosophy that
everything begins and ends with the customer. Today, with locations
across North America, Europe and Asia, Landsberg Orora is a market
leader in designing custom packaging solutions and supplying a
broad range of commodity packaging and stock packaging for our
global customers. At Landsberg Orora, we take pride in powering
innovations in packaging while ensuring sustainability is
fundamental to everything we do. We believe our packaging touches
lives and together, we, together as a team, deliver on the promise
of what's inside. From custom packaging design and packaging
materials, to prototype development and manufacturing, packaging
automation and equipment, kitting and fulfillment, global sourcing,
and full service warehousing and logistics, our packaging
consultants develop cutting-edge, innovative solutions that take a
product from concept to consumer. It is with this passion and
commitment to innovation, we believe in hiring and developing the
very best talent by living our core values of Teamwork, Passion,
Respect, and Integrity every day. These core values define who we
are and how we operate. They shape the way we work with each other,
with our customers, and with our communities. Every day, we deliver
packaging solutions that exceed our customers' expectations while
solving complex problems as a team. We believe that all team
members (irrespective of their role or level), should aspire to
distinctive leadership behavior, as we continue to deliver on the
promise for our customers, shareholders and each other. Leadership
is not tied to a job title, i.e. you don't need to be accountable
for a team to be considered a leader.
Orora Packaging Solutions is seeking a designer to join our team
at our San Jose, CA facility.
What You'll be Responsible For in this RoleWhat You'll be
Responsible For in this Role
- Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to disseminate inputs for new customer packaging
projects from a wide variety of sources.
- "Hands-on" designing of packaging using CAD software.
- Submitting conceptual renderings of proposed solutions using 3D
- Coordinating package validation testing in accordance to
- Documenting approved designs in customer specified templates as
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as requested
What We're Looking ForWhat We're Looking For
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Packaging Engineering and/or min. 5yrs experience
in related field.
- Familiarity with industrial packaging applications and
substrates (corrugated, fabricated PE foam etc., with the desire to
hone design skills in other packaging substrates).
- Hands on experience using CAD drafting software (Artios CAD
- Ability to prioritize and work on many projects at any given
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent project management skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to use and/or quickly learn to operate CAM prototyping
equipment (Kongsberg sample table etc.)
- A fundamental understanding of packaging dynamics, especially
as it relates to protective packaging.
- Adobe Illustrator skills is desirable
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Orora and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do
not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position
due to a protected disability and would like to explore the
possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent
Acquisition team at: email@example.com for additional support
What We Offer
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health
and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
Here's a sample of the benefits we offer:
- Generous PTO
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a
workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage
applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or
veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in
performing essential job functions.
Orora does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Orora is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Solicitation of Payments
Orora does not solicit payment from our applicants and
candidates for consideration or placement.