Manufacturing Product Engineer - C1013
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Title: Manufacturing Product Engineer
Company Overview: Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in
smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication
experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people
together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business
owners stay connected with their customers and manage their
businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide
customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique
needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones
by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also
provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home
security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are
priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should
be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior
experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based
discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your
individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive
compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence
and processes in the manufacturing of sub-assemblies and final
- Interfaces with manufacturing and design engineering in
coordinating the release of new products.
- Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and
makes recommendations for fixturing and process requirements of new
- Makes recommendations for outsourcing vs building in house of
- Works with outside suppliers on outsourcing activities
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of
- Works closely with design engineering to close issues found
during manufacturing of new products.
- Designs and procures manufacturing fixtures.
- Reviews new designs for manufacturability and makes
recommendations to design engineering on manufacturability (DFMA)
- Creates and maintains Operational Method Sheets within the
Manufacturing Execution System
- Dispositions non-conforming material
- Create and maintain assembly procedures.
- Train Operators and test technicians, ensure equipment is
- Manage the transfer of technical knowledge to mass production
- Design and setup production line with precise planning from
floor space, power requirement, network interface, tools,
equipment, and workstations.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise including ability to plan,
resolve problems effectively, and establish priorities.
- Work with factories oversea to manage production throughput and
- Travelling to manufacturing facility to inspect the integrity
of the production line setup and perform test station
- Review and sign off on ECO releases then relay ECO to
- Review and provide detail feedbacks on sample item from product
mechanical components to printed packaging material.
- BS degree in mechanical, electrical, Industrial Technology
(mfg), or equivalent
- Understanding of the all process from SMT, QC, Testing,
Mechanical Assembly and Pack-out.
- Experience with ATE Products and Test Interface Units
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical process control
- Knowledge of IPC standards for Printed Circuit Boards
- Experience with the Engineering Change Order process
- SolidWorks or CAD equivalent experience
- Experience with PLM such as Agile
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operations
- MS Office experience including Visio.
- Familiarity with ISO and TL9000 requirements
Keywords: Ooma, Newark , Manufacturing Product Engineer - C1013, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!