Vehicle Safety Technician
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: July 13, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Passive Safety Crash & Sled
Test team is responsible for executing, analyzing and reporting on
crash and sled tests within required program timelines, primarily
focusing on vehicle development, regulatory certification, and
consumer crash testing. We seek a Vehicle Safety Technician to
work with the Test Engineer to prepare component level,
crash vehicles and vehicle bucks for testing.
- Support vehicle teardown events and support the analysis of
results from the testing.
- Work in a team-based environment to conduct sled tests
according to written and oral requests and procedures, while
ensuring a high level of quality and repeatability.
- Retrofit and rebuild test samples to match desired test
- Installation/removal of sled test fixtures.
- Installation/removal of critical crash components from test
- Measure and scan using a Coordinate Measurement Machine
- Document test-setup details and incidents found during setup
- Fabricate sled and component test fixtures as required for
- Organize, label, and store test samples and components.
- Operate and maintain a safe working environment for all
employees at all times.
- Wide variety of experience repairing and replacing components
on passenger vehicles. Electric Vehicle experience preferred.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of tools and shop
- Ability to fabricate steel and aluminum fixtures using a
variety of fabrication and machine shop equipment
- Ability to use computers effectively for communication and
reporting (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively in all forms (verbal, calls,
- A go-getter attitude and the desire to do things right.
- Ability to maintain an organized and clean laboratory work
environment. Adhere to and enforce 5S standards.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and
- Maintain top level professional integrity and appearance as a
- An Associate Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology
from an accredited institution or Automotive OEM Test Technician
Training and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and
internationally test facilities.
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Vehicle Safety Technician, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!