Senior Engineer, Board Support Package
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: July 14, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Board Support
Package(BSP) Engineer who has the ability and strong
motivation to build stable s/w platform that forms foundation for
our flagship connectivity design. In this role, you will
collaborate on board bring-up activities, create and package
Software Development Kits (SDKs) for the Application Development,
Source Code organization, and efficient build process. Ideal
candidate will have proficient knowledge in BSPs and Yocto Build
environments. Working experience in WiFi, LTE, and GPS module
device drivers integration is a plus.
- Should have proficient knowledge in Linux Environment for
bringing up the HW platform.
- Should have proficient knowledge in Networking/WiFi/LTE/GPS
kernel drivers and bring up process.
- Should have proficient knowledge in Yocto build environment to
build different recipes
- Create efficient build processes which reduce the time to build
the Software development cycle
- Must have working experience with Boot loaders board bring-up
- Must have 5+ years of experience in working with different HW
- Experience with different processor architectures and cross
- Experienced with different types of boot processes and file
- Experienced in memory and file partitions and packaging the
Firmware by using compression techniques.
- Should do a thorough job of validating each component of the
- Experience in working with Secure File System and platform
- Experience in Secure Boot would be a plus
- Experience in bench marking platform BSP boot time, bring-up
and teardown processes
- Experience in Linux Hardening techniques
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passion towards build Board Support Package in Yocto build
- Must have thorough knowledge in Linux System.
- Must have good understanding of Memory layout for Kernel, User
- Able to debug Kernel driver issues
- 5+ years of developing Board Support packages for embedded
- Must be able to create Software Development package for the
- Strong understanding Networking concepts and experienced in
Cross compiler platforms.
- Experience in Yocto build platform and creation of recipes
- Strong debugging and analytical skills.
- Should be a good team player
- Proven track record of successfully collaborating with multiple
teams, including hardware vendors, application development and QA
teams in fast-paced environments.
- Must be due diligent in analyzing the issues, assessing the
impacts, resolving the issues, documenting and communicating
effectively in timely fashion.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Senior Engineer, Board Support Package, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!