Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Mechanical Engineer
with extensive structural design experience for our Battery Pack
Engineering Team. If you’re the kind of person who sees a
problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement that no
one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches
his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to adapt quickly within a fast-paced
environment, and to always strive for perfection in product
- Take responsibility for system level designs, from concept
through production launch and ramp
- Optimize mechanical designs for size, weight, durability, and
- Design 3D models and GD&T of drawings for complex parts and
- Integrate mechanical designs with high voltage electrical
systems in a multidisciplinary environment
- Be able to demonstrate technical excellence and apply
first-principle engineering to new applications
- Design and own testing that verifies the system functions
- Lead strong interactions with suppliers for DFM
- Travel to support production start and ramp
- Previous ownership of complex parts that have shipped in
- 3+ years of professional structural design experience
- Strong materials knowledge. Good understanding of various
material/grades and their tradeoffs, as well as coatings
- Strong CAD experience, proficient with CATIA or similar
- Demonstrate previous cross-functional collaboration to solve
- Design release engineering experience
- A desire to work hard and push boundaries
- Experience in designing to meet ingress protection
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.