Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
Lucid motors is looking for a highly motivated Plastics and
Polymer expert working in a fast paced environment where you will
work with highly motivated teams that’s are dedicated to world
class quality standards on extremely challenging projects.
The Plastics/Polymer engineer will work with cross
functional teams developing and specifying material, joining
processes through the entire product lifecycle.
You will work closely with Design Engineering, quality and
production to take state of the art materials from initial concept,
through prototype and into full production
- Have good knowledge of injection molded materials,
in-mold decoration technology utilizing luxury materials such
as synthetic leather, suede, wood, and metal
- Will work with Injection molding, process optimization, Mold
design, Hot runner systems, Extrusion of plastics, Blow-molding,
and Polymer processing
- Work with lamination covering materials used in Press
lamination, Vacuum lamination and Slush molding applications
- Develop and implement test methods
- Support design engineers in material selection
- Develop material specifications and test methods
- Methodical approach to testing and documentation
- Minimum of 8 years of experience identifying and developing
plastics and composite materials.
- Must have experience working in Automotive. Working through
complete product development process is a bonus.
- Proven experience with plastic injection molding with knowledge
of process of injection molding.
- Experience in choosing resins for different applications.
- Other plastic manufacturing processes is a bonus. Examples:
Blow Molding, thermal forming, vacuum forming, over molding/twin
shot molding etc.
- Experience developing and implementing test methods and
- Desirable to have experience and knowledge of lamination
covering materials used in Press lamination, Vacuum lamination and
Slush molding applications.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- BS/MS Materials science and or materials engineering or
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.