Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As a Chassis DFMEA and Functional Safety Engineer, you will
lead the development and delivery of the safety case and crucial
supporting documentation for safety-relevant Chassis systems.
You will engage with software engineers, integration
engineers, mechanical engineers, and system owners across the
company to analyse, develop and document our systems from concept
- Feature definition, HARA, safety goal development, FTA, at
vehicle- and system-level
- Lead DFMEA, SFMEA, PFMEA activities for Chassis systems
- Ensure all relevant work is correctly documented and
- Support the development of braking, steering, suspension
control systems from initial concept to SOP with excellence and
- Work closely with various functions across the
- Work with multiple complex projects in a demanding
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- 5+ years of experience in automotive functional safety
- Experience and good understanding of vehicle systems,
especially steering, braking & EV powertrain
- Proven experience working with DFMEA, SFMEA and/or PFMEA
- Knowledge of automotive communication protocols
- Proven understanding of ISO 26262 & IEC 61508
- Ability to read and work with system diagrams, electrical
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in relevant
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.