Mapping and Localization Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a
Mapping and Localization Engineer for our ADAS / Autonomous Driving
team. This position requires an excellent professional with a
strong programming skills and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art
mapping and localization algorithms.
- Work in a world-class Autonomous Driving and ADAS team
- Design of the mapping and localization software architecture
for Lv. 2/3/4 autonomous driving systems
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting
edge mapping and localization software stack into the Lucid
- Implement high-quality automotive grade software code compliant
to automotive quality and safety standards
- Work closely with other cross-functional teams to ensure a
seamless and robust implementation and deployment of localization
and mapping products for ADAS
- Support the Software validation and verification of the mapping
and localization algorithms using prototype vehicles,
- Enhance and improve the existing s/w stack for the autonomous
- Design and develop a cutting-edge s/w algorithm for the future
autonomous driving systems
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or other related
- Academic or industry experience in one or more of the following
areas related to mapping and localization: state estimation,
probabilistic filtering, SLAM, LIDAR based localization, 3D
reconstruction, computer vision.
- Proficient in C++ with 2+ years of working experience. In-depth
knowledge in object-oriented programming, algorithms, data
structures, and software design skills.
- A solid foundation in math and robotics to propose creative
solutions for autonomous systems.
- Solid knowledge or experiences in key areas of Kalman filters,
SLAM, sensor fusion, and inertial navigation • Excellent
communication skills and teamwork skills
- Experience working with cameras, radars, LiDAR, GPS/IMU and
in-depth knowledge for related data processing & sensor fusion
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and
verification on system and vehicle level
- Experience in working in agile development teams
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Mapping and Localization Engineer, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!