Sr. Technical Program Manager – Software Audio System
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager
– Audio Software System. This position requires an
experienced professional with a proven track record of excellence
and managerial achievement. The candidate is an accomplished
program/project manager and/or systems engineer of audio / sound
software components, with strong organizational capabilities and
the ability to influence and coordinate with talented engineering
teams and stakeholders, for seamless technical program
The candidate communicates effectively to ensure each
individual team member remains aware of the most relevant program
milestones, and expectations placed by the vehicle program team.
They also ensure critical issues are promptly identified and
brought up to senior management alongside a concise action plan.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for efficient progression
within a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Accompanies vehicle programs from the conceptual design phase
to the start of production, including series maintenance and model
- Manages the technical development program of the audio software
(sound amplifier and control unit, speakers, audio tuning, audio
weaver etc.) including support and coordination for system design
specification, mechanical packaging, unit testing, verification,
integration and validation processes.
- Executes cross-functional system release plan including
requirements from involved areas like product marketing, product
management, audio hardware development, infotainment system,
- Designs and implements effective program management processes
and best practices from initiation to completion in partnership
with hardware, software and manufacturing teams.
- Executes solid root-cause analysis with the ability to identify
and predict possible deviations related to e.g. product
architecture- or any other required technical changes.
- Proactively evaluates design and engineering decisions, making
sure they don’t cause any gap in correlation with the program
schedule, budget and scope.
- Expedites revisions, corrections, and implementation of
necessary changes to previously published documentation.
- Fosters strong cross-dimensional partnerships and is able to
effectively prioritize workload demands to meet project
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership, system
engineering and/or technical program management of sound systems,
preferably automotive related.
- 8+ years of professional experience in the automotive
- 5+ years of Agile experience managing an Agile program/team
including Scaled Agile
- A proven track record of development and delivery of technical
- Wide experience in automotive software development
- Knowledge of audio software development, including software
verification, integration and validation processes.
- Experience with Agile (hardware and software) product
- Wide collaboration experience with Tier1 audio hardware
- Experience building, developing and managing highly effective
program management tools and processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the
ability to work in a high-paced highly complex cross-functional
- Excellent organization and delegation skills with the ability
to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of
delivering projects on time.
- Ability to inspire confidence to the executive members as well
as the engineering project teams.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex problems and effectively
facilitate the team to a decision and coordinate the action
- Solid root-cause analysis sense with the ability to correlate
e.g. product architecture modifications to technical changes.
- Solid skills in evaluation and criticism of engineering
decisions and changes.
- Experience as audio components development engineer e.g. for
automotive sound systems or similar.
- Wide experience in the development processes of complex
electronic control units.
- Knowledge of automotive and safety standards (e.g. ASPICE,
- Experience with Atlassian Software (JIRA, Confluence)?
- ?Education Requirements:
- BS or MS in Software/Electronics Engineering, or equivalent.
Master’s or Ph.D. degree in the corresponding field is highly
- Project Management training. PMP certificate is highly
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Technical Program Manager – Software Audio System, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!