Manufacturing Lead - All Shifts Available
Posted on: November 19, 2021
ABOUT US:At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health
care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives
us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable,
groundbreaking solutions to solve the world's most complex health
challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular
diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing
advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of
settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate,
measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that
fosters career growth and development.Cepheid is proud to work
alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies.
Together, we're working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools
that address the world's biggest health challenges, driven by
knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.Learn
about the Danaher Business System which makes everything
possible.This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be
located in Newark, CA.POSITION SUMMARY:The Production Lead will
work very closely with the Manufacturing Supervisor, Manager and
other support departments to meet production schedules, goals and
objectives.In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by leading by example
and assisting supervisor in monitoring the use of all control
points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with
established policies and--procedures.
- Learn and notify supervisor of any violations of company safety
policies and practices --------
- Adhere to, train and help to enforce compliance to GMP, ISO,
Environmental, Health and Safety procedures. Participate in
production tours and audits.
- Work with Supervisor/Manager to review and provide feedback on
schedule adherence to production schedules. Monitor and provide
updates on priority work orders.
- Complete production plan by accomplishing work; monitoring
progress; reporting results of the--processing flow on shift
- Coordinate specific activities and assignments of work center
resources to meet goals and objectives, production schedules and
- Help to coordinate set-up and changeover of manufacturing
- Assist in the preparation of Production Orders, verification of
component readiness, line clearances and equipment readiness.
- Assist in monitoring any in-process controls and test yields to
ensure manufacturing process are operating within approved
- Assist in reviewing and completing all documentation accurately
and helps to ensure work center documentation is compliant with GMP
- Help to ensure work center cleanliness and maintains Visual
- Work with Production, Engineering and Quality teams to
investigate and resolve any quality or non-conformance issues.--
Initiate, investigate and oversee approval of Instrument related
- Based on each Employee's Training Plan, ensure Employee
Training is completed.
- Assist supervisor in proactively identifying and resolving
potential issues/discrepancies and notifies supervisor.-- Resolve
routine issues.-- Work with supervisor to resolve issues of
- Foster a collaborative work environment within and across
departments including QC and engineering.--
- Step in as required onto the Manufacturing Floor for employees
not present in production, first ensuring training record is
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs
- Assist supervisor in resolving personnel problems by analyzing
data;--investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending
- Support Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Provide recommendation to supervisor in selecting employees for
recognition and reward for positive impact to the team and
organization.The essential requirements of the job include:
- High School diploma or equivalent education and experience to
perform at this level
- Ability to lift 15 lbs with minimal assistance.
- 2 to 3 years in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment;
1 year minimum in a leadership role
- Proven ability to deliver productivity to plan.
- Willingness to resolve problems.
- Ability to participate in failure analysis, investigation and
equipment system troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated proficiency of manufacturing systems
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse
groups, incorporate the input of others to improve processes, and
align with internal customers
- Committed to developing and empowering others; to--accomplish
goals through the skills of persuasion, influence and
- Good communication skills (listening, written, verbal,
- Must be a team player that works with management
and--technicians to strive for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of bills of materials and other
- Knowledgeable Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with a cross-functional team
- Strong attention to details skills.Cepheid, a Danaher company,
offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs
that add value to our lives. Whether it's a health care program or
paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com. When you join
us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where
69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers
win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance
your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the
support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability
of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher
Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to
reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve.-- Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time
to find out.
Keywords: Cepheid, Newark , Manufacturing Lead - All Shifts Available, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!